ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Radconn

EEA Family permit

Post by Radconn » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:25 am

Hi everyone
I am from the uK and my wife is Thai.
WE are currently in Ireland and have already applied for the Residence Card under Free Movement of Persons.

In fact we have just received all of our documents back from Dublin. They also enclosed 2 letters, one for us to go to local immigration for my wife to get the stamp in her passport.
In the second letter they are asking for some more documents.

When we completed the EU1 form I put down that I was going to be self employed (working from home, no limited company) but I also stated that I have enough resources to take care of my family.

In the second letter they are now asking for either/or:
- Copies of receipts issued for sales or services in the last 6 months
- Bank statements of the business for the previous 6 months

OR if EU citizen has sufficient resources:
- Current letter from Department of Social Protection with details of any benefit claims
-Letter from Private Medical Insurer (I did send them mine and my wife's Laya health card, but clearly that is not enough).

Because my business is totally new and I am working from home, I am not confident that I will be able to show them what they need prior to the deadline of March next year ( I have to have the requested documents back to them before April or a decision will be made without them).

So I am thinking of going down the road with sufficient resources.
My question is ( sorry it took a long time to get to the question) does anyone know what or if there is a "sufficient resources" amount that the immigration would be looking for.
In my case I have enough to pay my way for at least the next 18 months or so. Within that time frame I believe that my home business will be able to support us. Obviously I am not in any position to guarantee that will happen, but financially it has to.

Anyway any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Brad

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:46 am

sufficeint fund mean if you have enough money to support yourself and your wife without work.you have provide them with all the bank statement and any insurance.you can write them covering letter explain them all the situation there will be no problem.if you want to get free consulation you can contact migrant council or irish immigrant council www.mrci.ie , www.immigrantcouncil.ie you can also check with solvit ,good luck

Radconn

Post by Radconn » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi
thanks very much for your advice. Greatly appreciated.