ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naric Evaluation - Is it unusual???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gaurav

Naric Evaluation - Is it unusual???

Post by gaurav » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi Every one I have received my Naric evaluation today and it confirms that my Masters Of Commerce from University Of Delhi is comparable to British taught Master's Degree standard.But the thing I am unsure about is as follows:

Additional Information: The individual should present a copy of the final degree certificate as official confirmation of graduation.UK NARIC certificate not offered for this award.

Is it a standard format or a bit unusual???

All comments would be much appreciated!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Naric Evaluation - Is it unusual???

Post by pantaiema » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:41 pm

Dear gaurav

It is not the NARIC duty to confirm the originality of your certificate. That is why you just need to fax/send the copy of your certificate (not the original or certified copies). it is the dutiy of the party who is using your skills to check this (employers, HO in case of immigration, etc).

Hope this help

Pantaiema

gaurav wrote:Hi Every one I have received my Naric evaluation today and it confirms that my Masters Of Commerce from University Of Delhi is comparable to British taught Master's Degree standard.But the thing I am unsure about is as follows:

Additional Information: The individual should present a copy of the final degree certificate as official confirmation of graduation.UK NARIC certificate not offered for this award.

Is it a standard format or a bit unusual???

All comments would be much appreciated!

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:48 pm

Thanks a lot Pantaiema for your quick reply,So am I right to presume it is a standard format they have send to me . I am getting worried because I have not seen any one in this forum with Naric letter with this addittional information?

Should it be a matter of concern or is it a standard letter ?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:55 pm

gaurav

The additonal inforation that they provide is not standard. I have seen quite a few NARIC comparability letter. To be honest I did not understand why they put this strange additional inforation. Did you send/fax the copy of your certificate to them or not (I believe you do, do not you ?)

The additional information is normally they offer you "Certificate of comparability". What you received is a letter of comparability.

If you put the exact wording of your NARIC comparability letter other people might probably help you.

Pantaiema
gaurav wrote:Thanks a lot Pantaiema for your quick reply,So am I right to presume it is a standard format they have send to me . I am getting worried because I have not seen any one in this forum with Naric letter with this addittional information?

Should it be a matter of concern or is it a standard letter ?

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Pantaiema I faxed the photocopies and and mailed them as well .The exact word are as follows:

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

Further to this , I am now able to confirm the following :

Country of Qualification: India
Title of Award : Master of Commerce
Awarding Institution:University of Delhi
Assesment:Is considered comparable to British taught Mater's degree standard
Additional Information:The individual should present a copy of the final degree certificate as official confirmation of graduation.UK NARIC certificate not offered for this award.

Please if somebody can share their knowledge on this it will be great!

hardraj

naric

Post by hardraj » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:50 pm

Hi from my experience that is exactly what you will get - a letter of comparability. You will still need to produce the original certificate since when you apply for the comparability all they do is they look at the qualification that you claim you have and equate it to the existing National Qualification Framework in the UK. Therefore they cannot Say John Smiths has a qualification that is equal to a degree... all they say is that this qualification is equal to a Degree. It is entirely down to you to provide proof that you have attained it.

I hope this makes sense. As far as i am concerned Naric is someones clever way of making money through immigration - half of these people do not even know what is covered in the qualification.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:32 pm

They probably just change the starndard wording. If you get your comparabiulti letter befor february the wording is like what I have told you.

Pantaiema
gaurav wrote:Pantaiema I faxed the photocopies and and mailed them as well .The exact word are as follows:

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

Further to this , I am now able to confirm the following :

Country of Qualification: India
Title of Award : Master of Commerce
Awarding Institution:University of Delhi
Assesment:Is considered comparable to British taught Mater's degree standard
Additional Information:The individual should present a copy of the final degree certificate as official confirmation of graduation.UK NARIC certificate not offered for this award.

Please if somebody can share their knowledge on this it will be great!

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Fri May 04, 2007 12:51 pm

Sorted
Called Naric and they informed that they did not receive the copy of the degree earlier, sent it again and they issued the normal letter same day.The guy at naric was very helpful.
Thanks guys for your help and sorry to cause panic for nothing!