ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel documents-overstayer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manUTd

travel documents-overstayer

Post by manUTd » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:20 pm

hi all,
my friend had just found out that he had overstayed his visa since 2008, he had his passport in backlog since 2008.no correspondence from ho except for one letter that was sent to him in 2011 telling him that his application was in backlog.he applied this year for fiance visa bt got refused and on his sar it said he had a refusal in 2008. now the fiance visa application has been reufused. he has called his embassy to get aq travel document as he want to go home.he has been advised to get a form from the police station about lost passport. and then he will get a travel document.
my question to you all is will he get detained when he goes to the police station.and will they refer him to immigration....does anyone know how it works and what should be expected please.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Nothing would happen to him at Police station. He needs to write a simple letter to police stating his passport details ie number, date issued, name, dob etc and telling them it is lost. Make two copies of the letter. Give one at the police station counter and ask them to stamp the other copy. Submit the stamped copy to the embassy. Keep photocopy of this stamped letter before submitting it to embassy.

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Thank you Ayyubi72,
If I may is there any form to fill out at all?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:22 pm

I would have told you if there was a form to fill.

Just a simple letter

Date: dd/mm/yy

abc police station
abc street
abc town

Dear sir,

I have misplaced / lost my national passport, and would like to report the same.

Details are as under:

Name:
DOB:
Passport number:
Issuing country:

(Add any other details like date of issue or expiry etc, but not necessary)

Please sign and stamp a copy of this letter as acknowledgement.

thanking you

sign

Mr ABC full name

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi ,
We went to the police station . Nothing really happened bt they did ask us to fill out a form and asked a few questions too....