ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Consulate Karachi Marriage Cert requirements-Urgent

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adam caan
Newly Registered

Irish Consulate Karachi Marriage Cert requirements-Urgent

Post by adam caan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi All

I urgently need advice from anyone who has already gone through the process of getting a visa for their spouse from the irish consulate, Karachi, Pakistan under the EU Directive 2004/38/C- the exact visa is for Non Eu Partner to accompany EU spouse who will be going to Ireland to exercise their EU Treaty Rights by living and working there. The end intention is to use the Surinder Singh Route to finally get into UK.

I am guiding my Son who will be applying for his Wife in Pakistan. Son married in Feb 13.

Coming to the question - We have in our possession an Original Urdu Marriage Certificate with a UNION COUNCIL STAMP (signed/dated). We are also in possession of a NADRA (English and Urdu) version of the marriage certificate issued by the Government of Pakistan which confirms that the marriage has been registered onto their computerised database. Again that has a UNION COUNCIL STAMP on it (signed/dated). We are in the process of making an english translation of the original Urdu Marriage Certificate (also known as a Nikah Nama in Pakistan).

I am hearing so many conflicting views that my head is spinning.

Can someone out there who has successfully got a visa for their Pakistani Spouse under the EU directive 2004/38/C please confirm which of the below two methods worked -

(1) Urdu original marriage cert - stamped with Union Council and Foreign Office of Pakistan stamp confirming its authenticity (both stamps to have signature and date). The NADRA marriage cert again having the same stamps as Urdu original marriage cert. The english translation of original urdu again having same stamps BUT NOW WITH AN EXTRA stamp from an Advocate/Notary Public confirming that it is a certified true translation from Urdu into English with his name/signature/contact details/date/stamp,

or

(2) All three versions of the Marriage Cert having ALL THREE TYPES of stamps from - Union Council, Advocate/Notary Public and Foreign Office of Pakistan!!! so that the consulate cannot possibly have a reason to reject it for ANOTHER stamp!! - This covers all avenues. Surely he cannot ask for any other stamp?

Also, can I confirm what is meant by the following on INIS website - " In the case of a married couple, Marriage Certificate – evidence (apostilled document) that marriage has been registered in applicant’s country of origin/residence" What do they mean "apostilled"? Am I right
that it means a stamp by a Notary Public?

I would appreciate a quick reply please as this is getting very frustrating. I do not want the Consulate returning documents for stamps etc.
We have sent an email to the Irish Consul in Karachi on 9/11/13 asking for his requirements regarding the acceptability of the three marriage certs and what types of stamps are needed but to date have not had the courtesty of a reply. We have chased for a reply but it is not forthcoming. Somehow I get a feeling we are going to have issues with this consulate after reading how "snails pace" he operates.

Also interestingly, can someone share with us how long it took to get the visa as irish embassy in india issue these types of visa in 2-8 days whilst i have heard from one person who said it took 7 weeks to get the visa.

Thanks

Regards

Adam Caan