ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uniuni
Newly Registered

Change of address

Post by uniuni » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:33 am

Hi members,

I looked through FAQ and all the previous topics but still cannot find any info.
I cannot get thgough to the HO, either! (yet again!) So please allow me to ask some questions.

I've got a WP and moving to a new flat soon. I understand that I have to inform the HO of my new address in writing, though the guidance notes for WP application does not mention it (there is a note only for a change of a company address-technical change).

My questions are:

1, Is this my responsibility of inform of this change? or my employer's?

2, Is there any official form to inform the HO of change of address? I couldn't find any on the HO website.

3, Where should I send a letter to? (which office?) Do I have to send a letter to the office which dealt with my FLR?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

uniuni

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:52 am

1, Is this my responsibility of inform of this change? or my employer's?

No. You don't have to inform HO about your residential whereabout unless you have had such a requirement during EC clearence stage (eg: police registration) otherwise you are free to move around anywhere in the country.
2, Is there any official form to inform the HO of change of address? I couldn't find any on the HO website.
again no, (I suppose )
3, Where should I send a letter to? (which office?) Do I have to send a letter to the office which dealt with my FLR?
N/A

uniuni
Newly Registered

Thank you!

Post by uniuni » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:00 am

Hi Vin123.
Thank you so much for your quick reponse.

So does it mean that I can put my new address when I extend my WP and FLR (or even apply for ILR) in the future? I thought it would be a problem if I hadn't notified the HO beforehand.

Many thanks!

uniuni

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:09 am

So does it mean that I can put my new address when I extend my WP and FLR (or even apply for ILR) in the future?
Hi Uni

As far as I understand, your employer has to apply for WP extention - not you. And I don't think the employer has to provide the employees residential address in the WP extention application form (Not sure whether they have added it recently - some one else will be able to comment on this)

For ILR, you need to provide your residence address. The ILR SET(0)application form clearly states you have to inform the HO if your address changes.

Hope this helps

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:14 am

For ILR, you need to provide your residence address. The ILR SET(0)application form clearly states you have to inform the HO if your address changes.
HO only needs to be informed of the change in applicant's residential address "if" one's case is still being processed at the IND. Once you have been granted ILR status, I don't think there are any such limitations .... unless I am mistaken ????

Regards

uniuni
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by uniuni » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:36 am

Thanks for your clear explanation.

I'm little experienced as a WP holder so any advice/comment is so helpful.
Many thanks!

uniuni