ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investing funds

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Satinder25

Investing funds

Post by Satinder25 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:23 am

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:14 pm Post subject: Investing funds Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
All the gurus I need ur assistance as in what kind of investment is relevant to our business. I am running an event management company which provides all services like conferences, wedding planners etc. I got my visa based on that basis so was thinking any link you can suggest that will guide me. Any help appreciated.[/list]
Passion

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:32 am

You have your visa and that would be the purpose of contacting this forum. Now you need advice on your business.

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi Lucapooka,

I am not new to this forum as most of the help for my visa was from this forum. I just needed the proper link where it specifies certain criteria and in terms of Rules we have to play it safe rather than messing it up. Anyways thanks for your reply.....
Passion

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:54 am

Hi Satinder, dont worry too much about lucapooka. hes a very helpful person but sometmes his response is not what you want and is many a times demeaning and demotivating. so you gotta ignore him for that moment and move on :)

Here comes the part of the investment:

You just have to transfer money from your personal bank account into your business account.-> that will satisfy the term investment for the purposes of the visa.

After this you spend it completely or not is not part of the terms of the visa. Ofcourse you need to spend something, or it will show that something is smelly.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:23 pm

rahulsingh1 wrote:Hi Satinder, dont worry too much about lucapooka. hes a very helpful person but sometmes his response is not what you want and is many a times demeaning and demotivating. so you gotta ignore him for that moment and move on :)

You just have to transfer money from your personal bank account into your business account.-> that will satisfy the term investment for the purposes of the visa.

After this you spend it completely or not is not part of the terms of the visa. Ofcourse you need to spend something, or it will show that something is smelly.

He need to spend the whole 50k funds on his business within the first 3yrs of the visa or else he wont qualify for extension.

You cant just keep money in business account and assume its invested. It has to be spent on the business.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Satinder25

Post by Satinder25 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks for your reply Rahul and Olasunkanmi. Also Rahul I didn't bothered much about lucapucca, anyways the reason I asked this question was that no one is active on the extension forum. I think we should share something on that forum as well, anyways lets share some knowledge which can benefit all.....Cheers
Passion

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:33 pm

First thing -
During initial in country applications for 50K investment criteria -> For people who have already started the company and invested -> UKBA asks for proof of investment AS money being transferred to business bank account / Not whether it is spent from the business bank account or not. Correct ? - Show me if I am wrong here.

Can you show me what you are saying , Where is this present in the guidance ?

Second thing - I have got this confirmed in writing from UKBA on email.

Olasunkanmi wrote:
rahulsingh1 wrote:Hi Satinder, dont worry too much about lucapooka. hes a very helpful person but sometmes his response is not what you want and is many a times demeaning and demotivating. so you gotta ignore him for that moment and move on :)

He need to spend the whole 50k funds on his business within the first 3yrs of the visa or else he wont qualify for extension.

You cant just keep money in business account and assume its invested. It has to be spent on the business.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Check page 41 of policy guidance;

''Money deposited in a bank account, even if it is in a United Kingdom business bank account, is not counted as investment in business. The money should be used in the business to encourage growth or expansion, to improve services or products and to ensure the business is profitable.’’
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:34 pm

You have directed us to the right page but you have not read it completely:

This sentence in the guidance is only for people who intend to use the money in property businesses: read the full text of point A20 on page 41 below :

-----------

Property development and property management are excluded from the types of investment accepted for the award of points Investment in property development and management will not be taken into account for the award of points.
This is because it is not the intention of this category to allow you to set up as a landlord and let properties in the United Kingdom. The intention is to promote United Kingdom competitiveness in business and to focus the investment on promoting business beneficial to the United Kingdom economy
A person involved inproperty development makes improvements of some kind to immovable property (real estate), which increases its value. A person involved in property management is charged with operating immovable property (real estate) for a fee, on behalf of the owner.

The restrictions on investment in property development and property management are intended to ensure that the Entrepreneur route is used to promote United Kingdom competitiveness in business.

There is no objection, however, to you investing in companies that are mainly involved inconstruction.
Money should be fully used in the business and not held in the business bank account in order to qualify for the award of points
Money deposited in a bank account, even if it is in a United Kingdom business bank account, is not counted as investment in business. The money should be used in the business to encourage growth or expansion, to improve services or products and to ensure the business is profitable.
---------

Olasunkanmi wrote:Check page 41 of policy guidance;

''Money deposited in a bank account, even if it is in a United Kingdom business bank account, is not counted as investment in business. The money should be used in the business to encourage growth or expansion, to improve services or products and to ensure the business is profitable.’’

shan101
United Kingdom

Post by shan101 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi rahulsingh1
Can you please explain a bit your statement regarding investment "You just have to transfer money from your personal bank account into your business account.-> that will satisfy the term investment for the purposes of the visa".

What if we dont transfer all the 50K at once into the business account Rather we do transfer in parts like,5k, 10k or 15 k during a course of time. Will it still satisfy the condition "investment" of our visa.[/quote]
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

Dasistfact

Post by Dasistfact » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:55 pm

I think that it's possible to invest funds in parts. According to guidance, the whole amount should be invested by the time of extension. However I will also be glad to read opinions of forum members.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:34 am

you can invest in parts - there is no restriction regarding this:

guys- before asking the questions would it not be wise, but common sense to take a look at the visa renewal form ??

In the form it clearly has a table where it asks the applicant to entry the dates and details when each time the money has been invested.

No one expects you to invest 200k at once..

noumanomer
Newly Registered

Post by noumanomer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:38 am

@rahulsingh1: It seems that we can spend around 15k and 35k deposit business account at the time of extension we have 35k in our business account. It will work able or not?

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:55 pm

whatever you do(spend or not spend)

Money should first be deposited in business account, you can then spend whatever you need from that business account..
noumanomer wrote:@rahulsingh1: It seems that we can spend around 15k and 35k deposit business account at the time of extension we have 35k in our business account. It will work able or not?

noumanomer
Newly Registered

Post by noumanomer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:17 pm

If we will not spend all of money and money in the business account so at the time of extension does ukba will consider this money as a investment which is in business account ?

noumanomer
Newly Registered

Post by noumanomer » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Example: If my company will spend half of investment means 25 does spend and rest 25 k still in company account with in three years.. At extension time can we show 25k has been spend by company and 25k still at company account ?

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:50 pm

you can not !! answering to last post !!

to claim the required points at the time of extension as stipulated in policy/guidance you need to have your funds invested along other requirements. having half of funds available in business bank account can not be called an investment but ready to invest will not let you score the points.

where to invest when there is no room in your business to invest is something you should get a professional's help on,

Thanks,

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:57 pm

princess of ammi - where did u arrive at that conclusion from ??

does it say in the guidance anywhere ?

dont post the same stuff which has been posted above from the guidance..

Princess of Ammi wrote:you can not !! answering to last post !!

to claim the required points at the time of extension as stipulated in policy/guidance you need to have your funds invested along other requirements. having half of funds available in business bank account can not be called an investment but ready to invest will not let you score the points.

where to invest when there is no room in your business to invest is something you should get a professional's help on,

Thanks,
Last edited by rahulsingh1 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:02 pm

you only have to say that 50k has been invested - put in the companys bank acount..- nothing else.

How the company wishes to use/spend this money is not the business of the ukba.

I have got this confirmed in written from the ukba..

noumanomer wrote:Example: If my company will spend half of investment means 25 does spend and rest 25 k still in company account with in three years.. At extension time can we show 25k has been spend by company and 25k still at company account ?

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Agree with Rahul on this.

Guys when you transfer money to your business account, the money belongs to business and not you. This is an act of investment. The only grey area is when you invest as directors loan and not as share capital then it can be argued you have not invested completely into business as business owes that money back to you. I think this is the reason why UKBA wants to see directors agreement.

I hope I have added something here rather than making it more complex :)
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:32 pm

exactly..

cappachino
Member of Standing

investment

Post by cappachino » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:30 pm

What if the money u showed at the time of appliction - a portion of that money is sent back to your home country to be returned latter at the time of investment n the complete amount is returned back into the busniess account and then invested within 3 years would this caue any issues at the time of extension

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Post by MTZ510 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:26 pm

rahulsingh1 wrote:you only have to say that 50k has been invested - put in the companys bank acount..- nothing else.

How the company wishes to use/spend this money is not the business of the ukba.

I have got this confirmed in written from the ukba..
If this is true then after getting entry clearance one has to establish a business on paper and have the funds deposited in the business bank account and that's it. The only problem is Job creation and i am sure the accountants can handle this too. I don't think its that simple..

Can you share the written confirmation from UKBA for the benefit of forum members?

maverick_76

Re: investment

Post by maverick_76 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:30 am

cappachino wrote:What if the money u showed at the time of appliction - a portion of that money is sent back to your home country to be returned latter at the time of investment n the complete amount is returned back into the busniess account and then invested within 3 years would this caue any issues at the time of extension
The money doesn't belong to you at this stage, it will be owned by your business. How would you plan to take it off from business? Do you intend to invoice the money from your home country? If yes, then you are liable to pay tax on that money in your home country.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

cappachino
Member of Standing

Re: investment

Post by cappachino » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:37 am

maverick_76 wrote:
cappachino wrote:What if the money u showed at the time of appliction - a portion of that money is sent back to your home country to be returned latter at the time of investment n the complete amount is returned back into the busniess account and then invested within 3 years would this caue any issues at the time of extension
The money doesn't belong to you at this stage, it will be owned by your business. How would you plan to take it off from business? Do you intend to invoice the money from your home country? If yes, then you are liable to pay tax on that money in your home country.
The money is in my personal account a small portion as per requirement has been transfered into the business account
The remaining is being transfered to my account back home n will be transfered back when required
Obviously the complete amount will be transfered n invested in the businesd before the 3 years r up