ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General form completion questions (for SET(O), at least)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

icarus
Newly Registered

General form completion questions (for SET(O), at least)

Post by icarus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Not getting any hits in the ILR forum, might be better here anyway as these are pretty general questions:

Applying for ILR using SET(O) at PEO Croydon on 4 Dec.
Previously held UK Ancestry visa.

I'm pretty confident but want to make sure things go as smoothly as possible so I have a few hopefully simple questions about Form SET(O). Apologies if they're too pedantic but better err on the side of caution!

1. I've already paid by credit card online--do I need to complete the credit card details on the form? Obviously don't want to be charged twice.

2. Do I need to photocopy everything, including photos and each page of my current and previous passports?

3. If sections of the form are not applicable should they be left blank or should NIL be written?

4. If I attach an additional absences page, should I note it as an 'additional document'?

5. As I am applying in the UK Ancestry category do I need to provide evidence of work-related absences (UK Ancestry is not described by name in section 6 but I wonder whether it falls under 'permitted employment categories')?

6. How recent should any bank statements be? I received one in the post last week and picked up some in my bank branch a week or two before that -- will they be viewed as too stale if they're more than a week old?

7. Is it worth taking along evidence of my ISA bank account savings in addition to evidence of my current account?

8. I'm from Canada (a majority English-speaking country)--do I need to tick the box in 11B that says 'relevant speaking and language qualification' or just leave it blank? (Same question goes for the documents checklist under speaking and listening qualification).

9. For UK Ancestry in 11Q it says I need to include documents showing I am able to work -- will recent payslips suffice?

10. I'm supplying my grandmother's and my father's birth certificates in addition to my own -- should I say I'm supplying 3 birth certificates or 1 birth certificate and list the other 2 under additional documents?

Thanks in advance!