ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Refusal, next step? Please help.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suryadeva
Newly Registered

EEA2 Refusal, next step? Please help.

Post by suryadeva » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Hello,

Just got home to find a letter from HO saying they refused his application.

I'm EU national and he is not, but holds a valid visa for an EU country until 2016. When we came in the country, the customs guy asked him if he was going to work here and we were undecided on what to say, so he stamped the permit to stay up to 6 months but without possibility to work.

So we applied for the RC. Got CoA, got NINo and this week he got a job. Now, the refusal letter states that we didn't provide comprehensive sickness insurance proof (we have a travel cover for 1 year that covers for sickness) and that bank statement wasn't good enough, since it was foreign (obviously, I had no account in the UK and sent them a printed balance from the bank's website).

HO/UKBA is so messy that you never know what they want. I tried to find the correct insurance and was told that this one I got was good. And the bank statement, well, if we lived for 6 years in another EU country, would only make sense that we present a bank statement from that country.

Now, all explained, I'd like to know if anyone can advise me on what to do next:

1) Appeal has to be within 4 business days (letter dated from yesterday, so I guess that one of the business days is gone - today) and I most likely won't be able to get an account and have money transferred in time to UK. Which makes appealing not the first option I guess.

2) He stays here, works until permit expires (CoA continues to give right to work in this case?), leaves, returns in a couple days and says he wants to work on the customs, would that work?

3) Apply for a EEA family permit while inside the UK. We apply from here with our address from the EU country we used to live. When it is issued, he flies there and get the visa, and comes back. Good?

Please let me know if you have any idea of what would be optimal and what kind of problems we can encounter with each of the options.

Thanks a lot!

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Some more information as the refusal letter states may help in understanding the situation as it stands but i do believe your best option is appeal where you stand more chances or basically get all the required documentation and reapply
Worry adds nothing but fear

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:28 pm

That's one thing. Is reapplying an option or is it better to appeal?
Davmck70 wrote:Some more information as the refusal letter states may help in understanding the situation as it stands but i do believe your best option is appeal where you stand more chances or basically get all the required documentation and reapply

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Most probably the EEA2 RC might have been applied on the basis of self sufficient. You as EU national if not working/self employed now then should re-apply after buying the CSI (private medical insurance).
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi,

Sorry, forgot to mention this basic info. Was applied on student basis. And by the way, what the hell is comprehensive sickness insurance? Can anyone give me an example? I have no problem buying it, but need to know exactly what they are looking for.

Thanks!
sheraz7 wrote:Most probably the EEA2 RC might have been applied on the basis of self sufficient. You as EU national if not working/self employed now then should re-apply after buying the CSI (private medical insurance).

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:55 pm

what the hell is comprehensive sickness insurance? Can anyone give me an example?

Sorry about you refusal ; Look like you are a student and your NON EEA family member recently started a new job.

Yes they refused you because you as an EU national student need to have comprehensive insurance cover for immigration purposes

What is Comprehensive insurance ?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ealthcare/

also check this link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 047c2e6847
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi, thanks.

I have read that before, and that's why I choose the coverage I did. Below what it covers:

And what about the bank statement? I'm almost 3 months in already, how much do I need to have in the bank account here in the UK to satisfy those people? I would like to avoid cash exchange as much as possible, but what would a safe amount be?

Thanks again!
askmeplz82 wrote:what the hell is comprehensive sickness insurance? Can anyone give me an example?

Sorry about you refusal ; Look like you are a student and your NON EEA family member recently started a new job.

Yes they refused you because you as an EU national student need to have comprehensive insurance cover for immigration purposes

What is Comprehensive insurance ?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ealthcare/

also check this link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 047c2e6847

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Comprehensive medical insurance (CSI) covers the person in majority of circumstances with most importantly in the areas of INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT TREATMENT. Several threads about it has been made in past and you can search about it here.
REGARDS

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:47 pm

Thanks mate.

Following another advice, I went to WPAs site and checked this:
http://www.wpa.org.uk/quote/overview.aspx?source=fh

Do you reckon the Premier one would be good?

And about the bank statement, any idea from anyone?

Thanks!
sheraz7 wrote:Comprehensive medical insurance (CSI) covers the person in majority of circumstances with most importantly in the areas of INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT TREATMENT. Several threads about it has been made in past and you can search about it here.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:07 pm

REGARDS

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks Sheraz, WPA seems good then.

First thread I didn't really understand... in the end she concluded that only she needed the cover, but that's not correct, both must have it, or am I wrong?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:07 pm

If student then only EEA national needs.
REGARDS

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:23 pm

even XS , Premier both good

Yes everyone in the family normally if self sufficient but for students only EEA national

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Wait wait, I read differently from application form. Only I (EEA national, ans yes, student) need the health coverage?
sheraz7 wrote:If student then only EEA national needs.

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:50 pm

thanks askmeplz82

Might go with Premier to ensure it goes through. One thing it requires is that I'm registered with GP here in the UK for at least 6 months. Well, I've been here for the last 3 only, so that's not possible. I'll call them to check.

And then, same question above, only EEA national student needs the cover? Are you sure? Cause on EE2 it says:

"If section 8 (students) has been completed: a school, college or university letter confirming enrolment on a course of study, evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance (see section below on comprehensive sickness insurance) and evidence of funds available to your EEA national family member such as a bank statement, a document confirming the receipt of a grant or scholarship, or a declaration of sufficient funds."

and then after it:

"As evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance:
(This requirement only applies to persons exercising Treaty rights as students or self-sufficient persons.)
You must provide either a private comprehensive sickness insurance policy document that covers for medical treatment in the majority of circumstances, or a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The EHIC is only valid when your stay in the UK is on a temporary basis. Therefore if you do provide your EHIC as proof of comprehensive sickness insurance you should also provide a covering letter stating whether it is your intention to stay in the UK on a temporary or permanent basis and your reasons for this. This must be signed and dated by you."

doesn't this mean that both need it?

Thanks again!
askmeplz82 wrote:

even XS , Premier both good

Yes everyone in the family normally if self sufficient but for students only EEA national

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:11 am

Hi again, any answers?

And one more thing, what would be better time-wise? To appeal or to send the application again?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 am

well then you can't with WPA

WPA require 6 months registered with a UK GP

Now you have to look for little expensive one because almost everyone require 6 months registered with a UK GP but there are some i'm sure which doesn't require that

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 am

Yes mate, thanks.

It looks like WPA won't be able to help because of this. Do you reckon that if I take another one, but pay monthly instead of yearly premium, it will be fine?
askmeplz82 wrote:well then you can't with WPA

WPA require 6 months registered with a UK GP

Now you have to look for little expensive one because almost everyone require 6 months registered with a UK GP but there are some i'm sure which doesn't require that

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:05 am

A little off piste but if the O.P. was working part time this would all go away and you could reapply without the C.S.I.

suryadeva
Newly Registered

Post by suryadeva » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:40 am

Because I'd be entitled to NHS? And would that cover my partner as well?

Thanks!
euroguys wrote:A little off piste but if the O.P. was working part time this would all go away and you could reapply without the C.S.I.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:53 am

suryadeva wrote:Because I'd be entitled to NHS? And would that cover my partner as well?

Thanks!
euroguys wrote:A little off piste but if the O.P. was working part time this would all go away and you could reapply without the C.S.I.

Yes both of you entitled to NHS

UKBA health insurance is only for immigration purposes because it's a requirement for student or self sufficient applicant

But yes if you have a part time job then you don't have to worry about all this insurance