ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA didn't attend the hearing

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gabbs
Newly Registered

UKBA didn't attend the hearing

Post by Gabbs » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi All,
I had a hearing at First-Tier Tribunal earlier this week for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa. We send the bundle of document only one week before the hearing.
UKBA's presenting Officer didn't show up at hearing. We were presenting our case our self. it was only me, my team-mate and Judge in the court room, as no one attended the hearing from Home office. Judge said to us that she was only given our file 10 minutes ago and had a quick flick through the bundle and given us the opportunity to add anything we may want to. Then she ask few questions about who is 3rd party, what type of business we are going to run, our qualification etc. (nothing related to refusal itself)
My question is if someone can share their experience or give us some information about what to expect from the court considering that UKBA didn't turn up for hearing to defend their initial decision.