ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of address?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

obormot
Member of Standing
France

change of address?

Post by obormot » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:06 pm

I applied for EEA2 almost 5 months ago (in mid-july).
Got confirmation of payment, then COA, within few weeks. Got passports back (in envelope I supplied, actually this was on my job address).
After that we changed the address. I filled the online address change form, and even had an e-mail exchange with UKBA about it (they said the new address was incomplete, as there was no flat number; but we have a house, not a flat, so no flat number, and I explained it to them).
Is it still possible that they would send something (approval/refusal/etc) to the old address? Is there any way to find out if they did?
The old address is some kind of students apartments, it is difficult to keep truck of mail - there is a cleaning lady who keeps mail of former residents for a while, but she is not careful and impossible to get hold of.

Could it help if I now send them some document about new address (like some bills on the name of sponsor and applicant - applicant is my mother)? And where should I send it?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:33 pm

If you search the forum then will be known that in many occasions the UKBA did send the mail at old address even after changing the address online. Therefore, ideally sending them a covering letter explaining about it along with a prepaid recorded delivery envelope containing the new address on it will be more wise.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Re: change of address?

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:41 am

obormot wrote:I applied for EEA2 almost 5 months ago (in mid-july).
Got confirmation of payment, then COA, within few weeks. Got passports back (in envelope I supplied, actually this was on my job address).
After that we changed the address. I filled the online address change form, and even had an e-mail exchange with UKBA about it (they said the new address was incomplete, as there was no flat number; but we have a house, not a flat, so no flat number, and I explained it to them).
Is it still possible that they would send something (approval/refusal/etc) to the old address? Is there any way to find out if they did?
The old address is some kind of students apartments, it is difficult to keep truck of mail - there is a cleaning lady who keeps mail of former residents for a while, but she is not careful and impossible to get hold of.

Could it help if I now send them some document about new address (like some bills on the name of sponsor and applicant - applicant is my mother)? And where should I send it?
I am not sure if the post in new or not due to date at the top but as you can see @Sheraz7's advice I will support it and also add that you send a normal post as well and make sure you have photocopy of the letter you are sending to them and you should be sending it to the EEA application Liverpool not Durham as your application collection, payment and lodged to system in Durham and treated in Liverpool.
Life is a race so run it well

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:32 am

I was planning to send them (today/tomorrow) a letter about changing the address (together with a copy of COA and my last joint bank statement with my mother, showing new address). But I was planing to send it to the same address I sent EEA 2 to:
Home Office – EEA Applications
PO Box 590
Durham
DH99 1AD

What is this address in Liverpool? I do not see anything like on UKBA website..

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:41 am

obormot wrote:I was planning to send them (today/tomorrow) a letter about changing the address (together with a copy of COA and my last joint bank statement with my mother, showing new address). But I was planing to send it to the same address I sent EEA 2 to:
Home Office – EEA Applications
PO Box 590
Durham
DH99 1AD

What is this address in Liverpool? I do not see anything like on UKBA website..
Look up online for the address

UK Border Agency
European Applications EEA2
PO Box 306
Dept 110
Liverpool
L2 0QN

I think the gurus will confirm it in due course.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:33 am

Thank you!
But I am not sure: from search it seems that Liverpool address is the one where people had to send EEA applications before (like in 2011-2012), and they changed it to Durham address after they introduced the fees in July 2013.
The way I could understand it from the internet search is that they created new office in Durham, and deal with EEA application there from July on.
Am I not correct?
I could sent the letter to both addresses.. (though I only have one original bank statement)

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:19 am

On the other hand, I looked at COA letter, and it shows Liverpool address - so indeed it seems very probable that they still actually deal with applications in Liverpool, even though initial acceptance of and sorting is in Durham..

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:17 pm

obormot wrote:On the other hand, I looked at COA letter, and it shows Liverpool address - so indeed it seems very probable that they still actually deal with applications in Liverpool, even though initial acceptance of and sorting is in Durham..
Yes as I have stated earlier that applications are treated in Liverpool. So as for the statement you don't have to send them the original of the copy and also it is not important you send them a proof of the new address to change your address and more important don't forget keeping photocopies of letter sent to update the HO of change in circumstances as you never know and it's should same one you are sending to them that you need to photocopy and also don't forget to date it just saying I know we all do that but we do mistake sometimes when we migh be in hurry. It does make sense to make photocopies and quote in your letter the reason you sent a photocopy and also state at the end of the letter as copied to the other address that's if you insist on sending to both address but I am sure Liverpool is the permanent immigration office for the European Union applications.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:47 pm

Just follow the address shown on coa which will more probably be Liverpool. Try to send them enough sized prepaid recorded delivery envelope with the new address written on it too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Do you think redirecting mail will ensure that the package (even if sent to the old address) will still come to the new one? Or mail redirection does not work with Special Delivery?
Mean what you say, say what you mean

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Nimitta wrote:Do you think redirecting mail will ensure that the package (even if sent to the old address) will still come to the new one? Or mail redirection does not work with Special Delivery?
@Nimitta kindly read the terms and condition of the redirection form before applying for it and also direct the question to the post office/Royal mail official for a better answer.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:28 am

sheraz7 wrote:Just follow the address shown on coa which will more probably be Liverpool. Try to send them enough sized prepaid recorded delivery envelope with the new address written on it too.
Thanks! I did exactly that last Friday. Le's see where it goes. If there is no reaction by early-mid January, I should start complaining about violating 6 months rule. Is the first step to write them? Or to call some number? (as if they have numbers to call to..)

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:15 pm

obormot wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:Just follow the address shown on coa which will more probably be Liverpool. Try to send them enough sized prepaid recorded delivery envelope with the new address written on it too.
Thanks! I did exactly that last Friday. Le's see where it goes. If there is no reaction by early-mid January, I should start complaining about violating 6 months rule. Is the first step to write them? Or to call some number? (as if they have numbers to call to..)
The writing is okay for now and that's the most proof you can show in future. Change of address was one of the 4 reasons for my refusal and in the hearing the judge told them they fail to acknowledge the letter as I show honesty by updating them of my change of address and the photocopy I have was an evidence.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks!
In my case, after I updated address online in September, UKBA contacted me by e-mail (asking whether I forgot to add a flat number), so I guess I have a lot of evidence that I informed them about our change of address promptly.

I am just a bit concerned as I see many people who applied recently are getting their residence in less then 4 months, and we are approaching 5.. (and in case of a parent you have to prove dependence and/or living in same household before coming to UK, and I am not sure they are fully happy with docs I sent them)

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:03 pm

obormot wrote:Thanks!
In my case, after I updated address online in September, UKBA contacted me by e-mail (asking whether I forgot to add a flat number), so I guess I have a lot of evidence that I informed them about our change of address promptly.

I am just a bit concerned as I see many people who applied recently are getting their residence in less then 4 months, and we are approaching 5.. (and in case of a parent you have to prove dependence and/or living in same household before coming to UK, and I am not sure they are fully happy with docs I sent them)
Good you have an email from them so let's keep fingers crossed.