ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Work Permit Sponsors- where to find

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kal

UK Work Permit Sponsors- where to find

Post by kal » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi Friends,

I am Indian and I am about to finish my Masters (Computing), I have around 6 yrs of IT experience in 3 different countries, do You know any one who can sponsor for my work permit in UK???

Please reply.

Kal

udayr9
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by udayr9 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:30 am

Any luck on this...as I am also looking for Work Permit

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:48 am

Why dont you apply for hsmp?

udayr9
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by udayr9 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:42 pm

I dont qualify for HSMP,hence looking for a Work Permit sponsor

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:21 pm

Uday/ Kal... Don't waste your time in looking for a sponsor for WP. You will never find one.. Also apply for HSMP only if you plan to go there asap otherwise waste of time and money...

Regards,

Akash...

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:40 pm

This information is confusing.
There are quite reasonable number of people on the UK on work permit. They definitely must have companies who have sponsored them.

But certainly, you must be better with UK/EU citizen in your field as they must gve the preference to UK/EU citizen. The question to be asked here si that "If they could easily find people British/EU people for a vacancy why should they sponsor people who still need work permit ?"

This process is normmaly work, if you are working in the area where there arent enough people in the UK, especially in the shortage occupation list. Or you have some skills required inthe UK in which EU/UK people do not have.

But also remember, finding a job is also something to do with luck. And therefore it is worthy to test the market as you hace nothing to loose.

Pantaiema
AkashS wrote:Uday/ Kal... Don't waste your time in looking for a sponsor for WP. You will never find one.. Also apply for HSMP only if you plan to go there asap otherwise waste of time and money...

Regards,

Akash...

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:31 pm

pantaiema wrote:This information is confusing.
There are quite reasonable number of people on the UK on work permit. They definitely must have companies who have sponsored them.

But certainly, you must be better with UK/EU citizen in your field as they must gve the preference to UK/EU citizen. The question to be asked here si that "If they could easily find people British/EU people for a vacancy why should they sponsor people who still need work permit ?"

This process is normmaly work, if you are working in the area where there arent enough people in the UK, especially in the shortage occupation list. Or you have some skills required inthe UK in which EU/UK people do not have.

But also remember, finding a job is also something to do with luck. And therefore it is worthy to test the market as you hace nothing to loose.

Pantaiema
AkashS wrote:Uday/ Kal... Don't waste your time in looking for a sponsor for WP. You will never find one.. Also apply for HSMP only if you plan to go there asap otherwise waste of time and money...

Regards,

Akash...
This is not at all confusing information. It is very unlikely that you will find sponsor. UK Labour Law does not allow easily to a UK Employer to Hire people other than EU/ UK Citizen.

Most of the Employers prefer not to get in to this matter as if it is found that they hired a Non-EU person and that vacancy can be filled with an EU person, then their registration can be cancelled that very time...

Hope your confusion is now cleared... :)

aryan20
Newly Registered

Post by aryan20 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:00 pm

who the hell told u about all dat crap , labour law n stuff, thats officiallly published , the actual story is something else .

Dont discourage people if ure not sure .
there r loads of indians on work permits , permanant jobs , contracts.

u have to prove nothing, the It market is quite hot as of now,

If u know ur job u would be through , to find a break isnt dat hard ,

But , My suggestion to U ,would be , Come to Uk with a work permit form an indian company , cuz ude get one eventually, then after u work here for a while , try switching ur job, or come in HSMP WITH A 2 yr vaidity as usual .

Once ure here ull know wat to do ,

best of Luck

JavaGuy

Post by JavaGuy » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:57 pm

The organisation I work for is recruiting heavily and indeed they do file work permits. Please send me your CV at vnm_prn1@yahoo.com and I shall refer your case to my Director and do my best to follow it up. Developers are required in any/all of - Java, J2EE, Struts, Hibernate, Spring, AJAX and the likes.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:32 pm

The UK issued just about 100,000 work permits last year. This is a separate number from HSMP's.

That's 100,000 positions that could not be filled in a timely manner by a UK or an EU or an EEA citizen. These are considered skilled rather than highly skilled openings in all fields.

It helps enormously if the positions are on the Occupations Shortages listing since it reduces or eliminates the need to conduct a local labor test and prove a UK/EEA national isn't available.

the Admin

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:58 pm

Administrator wrote:.

The UK issued just about 100,000 work permits last year. This is a separate number from HSMP's.

That's 100,000 positions that could not be filled in a timely manner by a UK or an EU or an EEA citizen. These are considered skilled rather than highly skilled openings in all fields.

It helps enormously if the positions are on the Occupations Shortages listing since it reduces or eliminates the need to conduct a local labor test and prove a UK/EEA national isn't available.

the Admin

Very well said , i agree
Magsi