ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change on passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prasnna

Name change on passport

Post by prasnna » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi

Thanks a lot for all your advice and help, we have got our BC certificate today. This forum has been great througout our journey.

Now my other half would like to change her name on british passport (which we are planning to apply asap). All her Home office correspondence (including BC certificate) and country of birth passport, bank stmt , bills etc have her current name.

I've checked on web and there are deed poll services available. Could anyone please suggest if this a good time i.e. before applying for Passport to have her name changed as all home office documentation has got her current name.

Thanks,
Prasnna

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 pm

It's a good time to change the name. A simple deed poll will do.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:33 pm

If I understand correctly, passport will contain note with the original/previous name as well.

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:42 pm

jms_uk wrote:If I understand correctly, passport will contain note with the original/previous name as well.
That's not true. I recently did that and my passport doesn't contain any note about my previous name.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi lifofifo,

Can you please put the exact process to get this done here, also please mention timelines if you can.

Much appreciated.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Just order one of those deed polls online. Get it signed from a friend and include it in your passport application.

You should get multiple copies of the deed poll to change your name with banks, credit cards, driving license, council etc.