ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted with driving conviction.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

created4luv
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR granted with driving conviction.

Post by created4luv » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:27 pm

Hello All

My sister got her ILR today with a driving conviction LC20 from court that was just 4months old. She got a fine which she paid and also points on her license. We got advice from a solicitor who said that the home office are deliberately vague on the issue of sec 322(1c) because they want to catch people out on deception by their not declaring the offence/conviction. The law says that the offence has to be on the criminal record to matter so in our case we got the PNC check from Acro which showed no info held and also an enhanced CRB.
She ticked yes and put the details and in the further info box put a note that the conviction was declared for information purposes and that it was not a general ground for refusal under the requirements of the immigration law as evidenced by the Acro letter and CRB cert as nothing was recorded on PNC.
Her appointment was today at croydon PEO and ILr was granted without any question regarding the conviction.

SO guys please if you have a driving conviction but your PNC is clear please declare it in good faith and supply ACRO letter and/or CRB. If there are no other issues you should be ok. Dont forget some prayer wont harm you as well. :)

bazzman
Newly Registered

Re: ILR granted with driving conviction.

Post by bazzman » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:38 pm

Thanks very much for your info above. I have a similar problem but mine was on overloading. I pleaded guilty for permitting someone using a vehivle while overloaded. I was given a fine but i dont know yet if it is on the PNC. Thanks for your info

Foreigner123

Post by Foreigner123 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:51 am

created4luv wrote:Hello All

My sister got her ILR today with a driving conviction LC20 from court that was just 4months old. She got a fine which she paid and also points on her license. We got advice from a solicitor who said that the home office are deliberately vague on the issue of sec 322(1c) because they want to catch people out on deception by their not declaring the offence/conviction. The law says that the offence has to be on the criminal record to matter so in our case we got the PNC check from Acro which showed no info held and also an enhanced CRB.
She ticked yes and put the details and in the further info box put a note that the conviction was declared for information purposes and that it was not a general ground for refusal under the requirements of the immigration law as evidenced by the Acro letter and CRB cert as nothing was recorded on PNC.
Her appointment was today at croydon PEO and ILr was granted without any question regarding the conviction.

SO guys please if you have a driving conviction but your PNC is clear please declare it in good faith and supply ACRO letter and/or CRB. If there are no other issues you should be ok. Dont forget some prayer wont harm you as well. :)
Hi

I am in similar situation - pending cAse
ILR due early August.

Any good tips ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:21 am

I think that created4luv has already given the advice in this thread that you need to follow.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.