ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting for decision

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

afridi24

waiting for decision

Post by afridi24 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:06 pm

hello, i apply for eea2 Rc on 16 Augest 2013 through lawyer,i didnt hear anythng from home office yet and also they didnt give me permission to work and i ask my lawyer to write a letter to allow me work,when i submit my appliction that time ididnt submit marriage certificte as our wedding cermoney was in september but my lawyer mention about it in covering letter ...so on 16 augest my lawyer submit the following 1) my wife passport 2) Nikka certificate 3) Joint bank statement 4) my wife payslip and she work there for 3 years and still continue 4)nikka picture along family and friends
5)tedency aggrement letter 6)my ID and mentioned in covering letter about marriage which will registered in septemebr ...
after 20th september we submit the following
marriage certificate
wedding pictures(which include group and invidual pictures with family and friends(atleast 40 guest)
in novemver we submit further the following
16 weeks pregnency letter
baby picture of ultrascan
what you guys think about my case ?i ask lawyer to write a letter that i have right to work under europeian law as one of my other friend ask me to tell ur lawyer ,my friend also get the work permission by asking the lawyer to write the letter ..

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Re: waiting for decision

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:46 am

afridi24 wrote:hello, i apply for eea2 Rc on 16 Augest 2013 through lawyer,i didnt hear anythng from home office yet and also they didnt give me permission to work and i ask my lawyer to write a letter to allow me work,when i submit my appliction that time ididnt submit marriage certificte as our wedding cermoney was in september but my lawyer mention about it in covering letter ...so on 16 augest my lawyer submit the following 1) my wife passport 2) Nikka certificate 3) Joint bank statement 4) my wife payslip and she work there for 3 years and still continue 4)nikka picture along family and friends
5)tedency aggrement letter 6)my ID and mentioned in covering letter about marriage which will registered in septemebr ...
after 20th september we submit the following
marriage certificate
wedding pictures(which include group and invidual pictures with family and friends(atleast 40 guest)
in novemver we submit further the following
16 weeks pregnency letter
baby picture of ultrascan
what you guys think about my case ?i ask lawyer to write a letter that i have right to work under europeian law as one of my other friend ask me to tell ur lawyer ,my friend also get the work permission by asking the lawyer to write the letter ..
HI can you confirm if you have an existing leave to remain that allows you to work before you submitted your application for the EEA2? If you do then you can still maintain same statute to your old visa under the Section 3C immigration act.

If your lawyer want to write to them then you just have to claim the HO failed to acknowledge the covering letter stating your marriage will be registered because I belief you must have been giving the short version of COA with no right of work which states either you are unmarried partners or your didn't submit passport or marriage certificate.

You have mentioned you submitted your ID. What ID is it because HO wants your passport if you're not an EEA national. You have also provided them with enough evidence so fingers crossed you get your RC soon.
Life is a race so run it well

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:17 am

Thanka for reply ...I came uk in 2008 as a student, and then extend visa twice as a student then I was misguide by other and in short I apply for assylm .then in 2013 I get married with very practicing convert polish girl.when I was going for marriage of intension , my lawyer said some time home office come as well so ring me if any problem , well I said I am genuine so I have no fear , , anyways we both went for marriage of intension and registerar didn't book our wedding because we didn't book the wedding venue and she give us another date.then my lawywr said home office might come this is why registerar give you another date , I said the same I don't have fear ..in short we book venue in next appointment. ..but because of misguideance and wrong laywer I apply for eea2 on islamic nikka and said our official wedding date ..then again lawyer said they can come on wedding day and in our wedding day it was like 40 guest including from both sides and if the office will come it seem that they are stupid ...in covering letter I mentioned that she is converted and want marry before live together and we met on marriage website .so now I was on assylm when I apply for eea2 then later a month send marriage certificate but coa was issued that time with no right of work ...now my application is completed and my wife is working as well , I heard that I can work if I have marriage certificate and wife working ? Its almost 4 months now . I get alot of info from here otherwise I would have to wait and cry for solicitor and pay pay and pay ..my case is simple and straightforward I think .

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:22 am

Also passport is with ukba when I applied for assylm. ..we mentioned this in covering letter....my lawyer is not helpful even I cant ring him to give me confident ..just email ..but we are human and learn from mistake and I am calm person so didnt call ..can I call ho if there z any updates on my application?

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:26 am

afridi24 wrote:Also passport is with ukba when I applied for assylm. ..we mentioned this in covering letter....my lawyer is not helpful even I cant ring him to give me confident ..just email ..but we are human and learn from mistake and I am calm person so didnt call ..can I call ho if there z any updates on my application?
If you call the HO now it won't help cos they are still in their time frame according to the directive but you can write them at the Liverpool address on yor COA requesting them to issue you a correct COA. The reason in your case behind the no right to work to my knowledge or idea is that you should have waited to have your marriage certificate at hand before applying cos now HO might refuse issuing you a right to work or even ignore your letter till they reach decision as they can base the fact that on your date of application and documents provided at the time of application and the COA was issues based on the supporting documents provided at the time of application other documents you have sent to them is giving more evidence to prove your marriage exists but it's 4 months so I see no reason why you can't just wait for 2 months cos what you have waited is not up to what you have to for. Just stay focus and feel free to ask members questions on the forum when you are confused I bet you will get more advice on here than from a solicitor as they base their work on their experience.

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:21 am

afridi24 wrote:Also passport is with ukba when I applied for assylm. ..we mentioned this in covering letter....my lawyer is not helpful even I cant ring him to give me confident ..just email ..but we are human and learn from mistake and I am calm person so didnt call ..can I call ho if there z any updates on my application?
Hey mate,
I laugh when I read such comments (not in a bad way) but can I ask if your lawyer is working for free? If s/he will not call you and you can not call him/her and only communicate via email then I believe you do not have a lawyer you only have an advisor who does not care about your situation. I pity you even more if you are paying him/her from your hard earned pounds.

To answer your questions:
1. Home Office case worker has done the right thing issuing you acknowledgement without right to work. Based on the policy with which they operate which is available online, you will only receive COA with RTW when married etc. You later submitted marriage certificate. Application is being considered without the proof of marriage when COA was issued
2. Yeah if your lawyer writes, you may get the COA with RTW if they have received your sent docs after you applied. Have you used recorded/signed for to send documents or do you have proof it was sent and also received by HO?
3. About your case: It is not straight forward and may take some time so be prepared to fight back. If you do not have a solicitor who you can call at any time, my advise to you is to look for another one.

A word is enough for the wise. A solicitor can be compared to a doctor in several ways. Besides God, they both are the only people you do not lie to. Also imagine a diabetic patient that can not call his doctor at any time and only sends email. I laugh hard because by the time the doctor receives the email, (s)he will be dead.....ACT ON THIS
Worry adds nothing but fear

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:54 am

Hahaha funny !! I know brother but I get alot of info and help from this furmus.even I dont bother about visa as long I get permission for work as i have no planning for travel .even if get refusal I will go to court alone wid wife if appeal allowd .I get this solicitor because of Friend recommendation...hope decision come soom

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:17 pm

OlaDPounds wrote: If you do then you can still maintain same statute to your old visa under the Section 3C immigration act.
Section 3C doesn't apply to applications under EEA regulations, only to applications under the immigration rules.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Jambo wrote:
OlaDPounds wrote: If you do then you can still maintain same statute to your old visa under the Section 3C immigration act.
Section 3C doesn't apply to applications under EEA regulations, only to applications under the immigration rules.
Thank you Jambo for the correction.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:27 pm

hello every one , further update on my application after 4 months and a week wait, they invited us for an interview on 16 of january 2014.....after interview i wil get RC on same day or still need to wait after interview //

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:49 pm

afridi24 wrote:hello every one , further update on my application after 4 months and a week wait, they invited us for an interview on 16 of january 2014.....after interview i wil get RC on same day or still need to wait after interview //
Hi you don't get your RC on same day but they will make their decision based on your score mark in line with your partners answers.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:57 pm

right thanks , but i feel good to have an interview so we can get decision quick ,,next month gonna be 5 months ...

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:02 pm

afridi24 wrote:right thanks , but i feel good to have an interview so we can get decision quick ,,next month gonna be 5 months ...
Good and Best of luck.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:04 pm

thanks bro ..i will further update soon after interview :D

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:07 pm

afridi24 wrote:thanks bro ..i will further update soon after interview :D
We shall be looking out for your update as it goes and hopefully it comes positive

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Hey,
Good to hear that you have an interview. I was thinking you will ask the forum to help you with what t expect or have you been to one before?
I would advice you try to go to a hearing before yours so you are familiar with the process. Its a very relaxed environment. Just a couple of questions to ascertain your claims. Wish you the best
Worry adds nothing but fear

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Davmck70 wrote:Hey,
Good to hear that you have an interview. I was thinking you will ask the forum to help you with what t expect or have you been to one before?
I would advice you try to go to a hearing before yours so you are familiar with the process. Its a very relaxed environment. Just a couple of questions to ascertain your claims. Wish you the best
Hi @Davmck he has been invited for interview with the HO not hearing.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Thanks dear ..this is the first interview and its say it will last four hrs ..as I read few post about interview as other people shared already on this formus .it will be simple questions about each other ..I dont know how shud I prepare myself as we live together so to be honest I am happy if they invite us for interview so atleast we will get decision soon...so do you think after interview I can hope for the best ? And it will cost us 60 pounds to go Liverpool so can we claim this ??

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:46 pm

afridi24 wrote:Thanks dear ..this is the first interview and its say it will last four hrs ..as I read few post about interview as other people shared already on this formus .it will be simple questions about each other ..I dont know how shud I prepare myself as we live together so to be honest I am happy if they invite us for interview so atleast we will get decision soon...so do you think after interview I can hope for the best ? And it will cost us 60 pounds to go Liverpool so can we claim this ??
Hi don't think of claim and just be prepared for the unexpected so you need to aware of everything happening in your house, around you, about your partner and vice-versa.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:05 pm

hello everyone and Ola bro, i had an interview today and it was 90% same ,take 2.15 min for both of us ,(wife,1:20 min..me 55 min)...at the end he said you will get the decision in four weeks or sooner ...so lets see now

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:11 pm

afridi24 wrote:hello everyone and Ola bro, i had an interview today and it was 90% same ,take 2.15 min for both of us ,(wife,1:20 min..me 55 min)...at the end he said you will get the decision in four weeks or sooner ...so lets see now
Hello Afridi,

Thank you for the update.

I wish you best of luck and it shall be positive. As it is 90% same answer then it's success cos they wouldn't expect a 100% answers so stay positive and soon you will share the good news with us all.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Thanks ola , now they said you will get the decision in four weeks or sooner ....yea 90% same answer ...but I was reading few post of interview but that is quit old on this formus ..some one said they receive Rc straight after interview and how it possible ? Coz marriage interview team is different then case worker ...

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:00 am

afridi24 wrote:Thanks ola , now they said you will get the decision in four weeks or sooner ....yea 90% same answer ...but I was reading few post of interview but that is quit old on this formus ..some one said they receive Rc straight after interview and how it possible ? Coz marriage interview team is different then case worker ...
Yes marriage team is different but they are all working for the UKBA and they can straight away input your result on your file or even ring the case worker for the outcome as the case worker too would be aware you were having your interview yesterday.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:53 am

So it is normal that they give me four weeks or said may be sooner ? OR they say straight away ?the post was like five years ago

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:55 am

afridi24 wrote:So it is normal that they give me four weeks or said may be sooner ? OR they say straight away ?the post was like five years ago
I will advice you to exercise patience and stay positive till you here from them again