ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nnema
Newly Registered

Help

Post by nnema » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Hello All
I am married to an EU citizen for 2 years and I have my five years residence permit(EEA) MY husband is the father to my forteen months old son who is a British citizen,we(family) came for holiday in nigeria only for my husband to seized our travelling documents that of me and my son and return back to the uk,right now we are stranded and we need to return back to uk how do i go about this please i need your advise on this issue thanks all.

Favour100

Re: Help

Post by Favour100 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:27 pm

nnema wrote:Hello All
I am married to an EU citizen for 2 years and I have my five years residence permit(EEA) MY husband is the father to my forteen months old son who is a British citizen,we(family) came for holiday in nigeria only for my husband to seized our travelling documents that of me and my son and return back to the uk,right now we are stranded and we need to return back to uk how do i go about this please i need your advise on this issue thanks all.

What was the reason your husband took you guys back to nigeria, women wont change, some moderators will be able to help you,
dont mind me
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

nnema
Newly Registered

Post by nnema » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:45 pm

Favour 100,thanks very much really do appreciate ur concern but pls don't judge me n I pray you don't fyn urslf in my situation.

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 pm

nnema wrote:Favour 100,thanks very much really do appreciate ur concern but pls don't judge me n I pray you don't fyn urslf in my situation.

I am so sorry love i am not trying to judge you, i understand how you feel with your lil one alone, i have seen a situation that is similar to yours, the uk embassy in ur country might be able to help you, but i am thinking they might request the attention of your sponsor here in uk,

pls try as much as possible go to Abuja or nearby embassy and explain to them, but i think they will like t o speak to your Hubby here in UK.,

Things will be fine Love by the grace of almighty God, Amen
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Hope other members can contribute as well plssssssss

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:26 pm

I think the son is the strongest point here.
OP said he is British so i suppose that he traveled on his British passport!!

I would say contact the British embassy, explain the situation and i am pretty sure they will issue him a temporary passport and will probably issue you a sort of travel document to travel back to UK.

If this to happen, make sure you have any sort of documents/reports from the embassy, so when you get back you can take him to the cleaners.

Good luck

nnema
Newly Registered

Post by nnema » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks all for the informations I will do jt that,but more suggestions and advise are welcome.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:09 am

i would share a small story of my anuty,he husband take her back country and he come back to uk ,my aunty along with two kids went to embessy and she get her duccuments along with ticket from embessy...so pls go straight away to embessy and explain ur situation and you will get the duccuments for sure ,,,hope it help

nnema
Newly Registered

Post by nnema » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:18 pm

@Afridi24 thank for the advise I will do as u have said,really do apprecaite .