ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal processing times-Emergency

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashpaul1
Newly Registered

Indian Passport renewal processing times-Emergency

Post by ashpaul1 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Hi,

I have applied for the renewal of my existing 10 year old Indian Passport which was due to expire end of March 2014.

The application for renewal was submitted via Post to HCI, London on the 8th November 2013 and so far I have not received any reponse.

So, I decided to enquire through email and surprisingly they were quite quick and responded back immediately saying although they can confirm that my application has been received but unfortunately I have to wait for 7-8 weeks before I can log a query on my application and therefore they cant give me any further updates.

I did explain that I have urgent travel arrangement booked to go to India end of December 2013 and to which they have not yet responded (My email sent only yesterday)

So, does anybody have any suggestions or advices so that I can obtain my new passport and travel this Dec?

Does anybody know if I can now withdraw my application and re-apply again through Tatkal services?

Or should I wait and take the risk?

Many thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:42 pm

It will take as long as it takes, there is no way or procedure to rush the application. If you had an urgency to travel, then you should have renewed it after your travel, or renewed whilst you were in India.

ashpaul1
Newly Registered

Post by ashpaul1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:13 am

Thanks,

The only reason I applied for renewal was because I was told I cannot travel if I do not have over 6 months of passport validity on the date of travel and thinking that I had over 5 weeks, enough to get my passport back..

Looks like it all went wrong!!

Anyway dont we have a fundamental right to get an emergeny travel document in these cases similar to the cases when the passport gets stolen during travel abroad or say any unforseen events etc??..

There should be a way for me to get an emergency travel document and I still have over 2 weeks left to travel.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:28 am

What makes you think that you need 6 months passport validity to travel to your own country?

A pre planned travel arrangement well in advance is not an emergency.

You can still ask for HCI for an emergency travel document.

jack_p

Post by jack_p » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:15 am

ashpaul, do you know to what email address did you send the query to?