ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP Holder with European wife in UK..Please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

debtblue
Newly Registered

WP Holder with European wife in UK..Please help

Post by debtblue » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:50 am

Hello there

I came to UK in 2000 as a student from India, and acquired WP in May 2005, i still have 2 years more
years on WP remaining. Also two years ago i met a Polish girl and this year on April 21 we got married
in accordance to Polish courts.

My wife has dual nationalities: Polish and German. Since she has been in the UK for 2 years,she has also acquired
british residency card after completing EEA 1 form.

Now as for me, I want to be free from my WP status and want to be able to work anywhere I want in the UK
& EU.

What shall I do?? Shall I complete the EEA3 form or shall i continue on my WP???? or shall I acquire a
German or Polish nationality???

I just want to work freely in UK without being with the same employer. Please please please advise me.

Many thanks

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: WP Holder with European wife in UK..Please help

Post by sakura » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:05 am

debtblue wrote:Hello there

I came to UK in 2000 as a student from India, and acquired WP in May 2005, i still have 2 years more
years on WP remaining. Also two years ago i met a Polish girl and this year on April 21 we got married
in accordance to Polish courts.

My wife has dual nationalities: Polish and German. Since she has been in the UK for 2 years,she has also acquired

Now as for me, I want to be free from my WP status and want to be able to work anywhere I want in the UK
& EU.

What shall I do?? Shall I complete the EEA3 form or shall i continue on my WP???? or shall I acquire a
German or Polish nationality???

I just want to work freely in UK without being with the same employer. Please please please advise me.

Many thanks
You won't be able to get automatic German or Polish nationality just by being married - countries have a 'qualifying' period before being able to apply. If you want to move/work freely, you'll need to use the EEA forms for non-EEA family members of an EEA national. Go to the BIA website for all the information on this. Although, I think this means you will be further away from ILR if you use the EEA route.

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: WP Holder with European wife in UK..Please help

Post by olisun » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:12 pm

debtblue wrote:Since she has been in the UK for 2 years,she has also acquired
U mean ILR??? If not then ignore the rest

I thought after initial 1yr stay in the UK after registering with the WRS, the workers from the Eastern Europe were given 4 yrs further LTR and then they could apply for ILR