ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted COS Details

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

caang
Newly Registered

Unrestricted COS Details

Post by caang » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:14 am

Hello everyone,

Please help. I got my unrestricted COS released by my sponsor but noticed that my place of birth in the format of CITY, PROVINCE in my passport only contains in the COS the CITY. The thing is my birth province also has the same name as my birth city (like TAAL, TAAL).

Can the sponsor note section in the COS be used by my sponsor to type in my place of birth as it appears in my passport?

Reading the COS Sponsor Help Document which is available on the UKBA website, the below is mentioned:

"2. You can use the ‘sponsor note’ field to amend minor errors identified after a CoS has been created. Examples of acceptable amendments are:
• corrections to a mistyped name or date of birth;
• A change to the start date for the job.
You can also use the ‘sponsor note’ field if there is any additional information that you need to state with regard to the migrant and/or the CoS for example, if the CoS is for a Tier 5 (Religious Worker) CoS you must explain how the resident labour market test has been met by adding a sponsor note.
A ‘sponsor note’ can only be added to a CoS that is showing in your SMS account with an 'Assigned’ status.

3. If you have made a significant error, you must cancel the CoS and assign a new one if needed. For example;
• the SOC code is incorrect;
• you have assigned it under the wrong tier or category;
• if you have given incorrect details for more than one of the following;
• the migrant’s nationality;
• the migrant’s date of birth;
• the migrant’s surname.

I am not entirely sure whether my situation above is one of those cases where the sponsor note in the COS can be used by my sponsor to key in something like "Place of Birth: TAAL, TAAL", thus matching exactly what is in my passport.

My understanding is that since "place of birth" is not among these details mentioned in rule number 3 above, then my sponsor does not need to cancel and assign a new COS for me since they are allowed to use the sponsor note in my current COS. Is my understanding of the above rule correct? Please help.

Many thanks
Caang

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:02 am

yes, a sponsor note can be added, it was a minor omission

caang
Newly Registered

Post by caang » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:14 am

caang
Last edited by caang on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:38 pm

PhD level jobs are above NQF level 6 and any T2 applicant can be sponsored in these occupations.
Job description and salary are OK

caang
Newly Registered

Post by caang » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:03 pm

tier 2
Last edited by caang on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Related job titles:

 Analytical chemist
 Chemist
Development chemist
 Industrial chemist

 Research chemist]

caang
Newly Registered

Post by caang » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:47 pm