ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR if switched status from WP to dependent to WP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LondonGirl
Newly Registered

ILR if switched status from WP to dependent to WP

Post by LondonGirl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:13 pm

Hello,

I have a question about whether ILR is affected if one switches status? My husband was on a workpermit for 4 years and a couple of months, then, switched to being my dependent and will shortly be switching back to a work permit. He will have been in the UK continuously for 5 years at the end of the year. Does the switching in status affect his total time accumulated for ILR? Or does the clock start everytime one switches - which would be utterly daft, I think?

Thanks,

LondonGirl

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:15 pm

yes it does unfortunately

LondonGirl
Newly Registered

Post by LondonGirl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:44 pm

Thanks - that seems utterly idiotic and sadly, typical of the home office. But I am a bit confused since on this board, I was also told however that it would be possible to put my husband as my dependent on my ILR application - so, if the clock begins again when you switch - it must somehow not apply if you are a dependent?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:20 pm

LondonGirl wrote:Thanks - that seems utterly idiotic and sadly, typical of the home office.
That's how the rule has always been
LondonGirl wrote:But I am a bit confused since on this board, I was also told however that it would be possible to put my husband as my dependent on my ILR application
Yes you can include him in your ILR application as your dependant but there are more chances of him getting a refusal now if he tries to apply on his own