ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Use of House Address to form a Ltd company

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

netacct

Use of House Address to form a Ltd company

Post by netacct » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi All,

A friend of mine works as contractor and stays in a hotel mon-fri.
During weekend, he goes to Isreal. He does not have any house/home.

He is forming a Ltd company and wants to use my house address for some time. He wont be staying with me. He just wants to use the address.

I have no idea about any legal stuffs re this.

Could someone PLEASE tell me, will I face any problems or anything?

Is it allowed to use someone's address?

Thanks In Advance.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Use of House Address to form a Ltd company

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:07 pm

netacct wrote:Hi All,

A friend of mine works as contractor and stays in a hotel mon-fri.
During weekend, he goes to Isreal. He does not have any house/home.

He is forming a Ltd company and wants to use my house address for some time. He wont be staying with me. He just wants to use the address.

I have no idea about any legal stuffs re this.

Could someone PLEASE tell me, will I face any problems or anything?

Is it allowed to use someone's address?

Thanks In Advance.
Thinking back I used my dad's address while I was working and living in Scotland and had an English company.

Was ok but I dunno if I'd expect a mate to do it, all sorts of official looking post arrives including, in my dad's case a demand (on the company) for 30k! Was in IR error but still!

You mate should get his accountant's office to be the registered company office, it's what I did in the end. Although you should be alright I don't think it's fair of him to ask you

contractors_in_uk
Newly Registered

Post by contractors_in_uk » Wed May 02, 2007 2:30 pm

Dear netacct,

Your friend can you use your address for his limited company. But I would strongly recommend you to suggest him/her to use their accountants address or a P O Box for numerous reasons...

1. If you don't own the house then you must get clearance from the landlords.. They let you house for private residence.. not for commercial business purposes..
2. Unnecessarily your friends credit rating will be tied to your property..

Most of the accoutants offer this service at a very nominal fee.. So, my take on this - "Dont do it... "

Regards,
Sandeep!

Firm Believer
Newly Registered

Post by Firm Believer » Fri May 04, 2007 8:18 am

Just to add to Contractors post,

There is also a distinct possibility that it might invalidate your mortgage contract with your bank - that is if you are still paying a mortgage on the property. As the sole use of your property for as a dwelling might be questioned by your mortgage provider.

contractors_in_uk wrote:Dear netacct,

Your friend can you use your address for his limited company. But I would strongly recommend you to suggest him/her to use their accountants address or a P O Box for numerous reasons...

1. If you don't own the house then you must get clearance from the landlords.. They let you house for private residence.. not for commercial business purposes..
2. Unnecessarily your friends credit rating will be tied to your property..

Most of the accoutants offer this service at a very nominal fee.. So, my take on this - "Dont do it... "

Regards,
Sandeep!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri May 04, 2007 10:31 am

NO its no biggie, its simply a mailing address
It doesn't mean you are conducting business there
If it makes you feel better, you can have put in care of
which implies this is not the business address, just a holding address for correspondence