ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Visitor visa question

Post by iworker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:34 am

My sister applied for a visitor visa to visit me. She has just received this email today.
Your visa has been issued and will shortly be returned to our commercial partner. This does not mean that your docs are ready to collect. You must await confirmation of this, or follow the collection instructions you have already been given.
This is an automated response so do not reply.

Does this mean that she has got the visa??
Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:38 am

Where it says "your visa has been issued", is that the part you are having difficulty understanding?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:43 am

That's right. Because i have never thought that they would be disclosing the outcome of the application on email before the docs have arrived.
The reason of the email was if they have since changed this?
thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:48 am

It is very common to disclose a positive outcome. Negative outcomes are usually couched in neutral tones such as "your application has been returned and is ready for collection", etc.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:56 am

thanks for your reply.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 am

I have a similar query.

I recently applied for citizenship and after a few weeks I received a letter saying "Your application has been successful". Does it really mean my application has been successful, or has there been a recent change in english language and successful now means not successful? Please help. I am really worried.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:46 am

Ayyubi72 your patronising comments aren't helpful and don't do you any credit. You risk members disregarding posts where you have actually given useful advice.