ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application timeline today and other advise please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

am1234

MN1 application timeline today and other advise please

Post by am1234 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Dear Friends,

I made application for my 8 weeks old today using nationality checking service in Birmingham. The city council lady in my appointment mentioned me that there was a huge backlog of applications in Home Office. Mainly due to change in the english language assessment rule from 28 oct 2013. She said it might take upto 3 months now for the application to be processed and upto 6 weeks for payment to be taken. If it happens before this I might be very lucky and it would be a miracle.

I need to send my wife and little one to india ASAP due to health reasons. She needs to have an operation and for that reason she needs to leave the country for treatment. We dont want to do it here due to the recent bad experience and NHS waiting time is too long as well.

I was wondering if there was any way I could send them to india by applying indian passport and than after getting registration approval fromk UK than we apply for passport in india? is it possible at all?
I would really appreciate your advise please

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Not a problem at all. Bear in mind, it can take a few months to get a British passport in India (upto 16 weeks).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:57 pm

why could the father not apply for the childs BP from uk? (in this case) . is there a requirement for the child to be present in the country ?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:05 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:why could the father not apply for the childs BP from uk? (in this case) . is there a requirement for the child to be present in the country ?
Yes (although in practice I don't think HMPO can know).

am1234

Post by am1234 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks Guru.
I am caught in the dilemma now, as if I apply for the other passport say baby's india passport would that be illegal? The reason I am asking is there a section in india passport which says have you applied for any other passport.
I was thinking if home office does the checks to see if I applied for any other passport. If they find out I did would they than reject the baby's application?

I really need to send then to india soon but I am concerned about the Time it's going to take for baby's British passport! Any feasible and quick solution please? Thanks
Appreciate your reply and thoughts

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:02 pm

am1234 wrote:Thanks Guru.
I am caught in the dilemma now, as if I apply for the other passport say baby's india passport would that be illegal? The reason I am asking is there a section in india passport which says have you applied for any other passport.
I'm not familiar with Indian passport application form but if it asked if you have applied for any other passport, surely the answer is No as you didn't apply for one.
I was thinking if home office does the checks to see if I applied for any other passport. If they find out I did would they than reject the baby's application?
Which Home Office? The UK one? They don't care about other passports as this is allowed.
I really need to send then to india soon but I am concerned about the Time it's going to take for baby's British passport! Any feasible and quick solution please? Thanks
Appreciate your reply and thoughts
Well if they need to leave quickly, then you don't really have a choice. If they can wait a few weeks, the Registration Certificate is likely to arrive in a few weeks, then it just takes another week to get a UK child passport.

am1234

Post by am1234 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Thank you Jambo Guru

Its helps a lot. Hoping my little one gets the registration certificate as soon as possible.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:02 am

in the meantime you could get your childs pp photos, forms, referees ready. especially the form is high spec.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.