ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for under 18 kids living in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ishalife
Newly Registered

Citizenship for under 18 kids living in India

Post by ishalife » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi
I am on Tier 1 living in the UK with my dependent Wife and two kids and eligible for ILR in coming June 2014.

My son will be 16 and daughter will be 8 in June 2014.

I am planning to send my wife and 2 kids to India after we get the ILR. I'll continue to stay in the UK and will be applying for my Citizenship in June/July 2015.

Please advise will I be able to apply Citizenship in June/July 2015 for my 2 kids if they don't live in the UK.

or what steps and proactive measures should I take to enable this.

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:53 pm

No, unless they were born in the UK.

Note that ILR holders are subject to the returning residents provisions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ishalife
Newly Registered

Post by ishalife » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks a lot. I went through all the links and the related posts. I am summarising the steps I am planning to take and can you please validate and advise the risks involved in this approach:

1) Me, my wife, Son(15 years) and my daughter (7 years) will apply and get ILR in June 2014.

2) My wife, Son and Daughter will travel to India in July 2014. ( to spend time my Mother-in-law). My wife will continue to do her volunteering work in the UK till July 2014.

3) They will come to the UK for couple of weeks for Christmas Holidays in Dec 2014 to visit me and travel back to India by end of Dec 2014

4) They will come to the UK for couple of weeks for the Spring break in April 2015 to visit me and travel back to India by end of April.

5) They will again come back to the UK in June 2015.

6) I will apply Naturalisation for me and registration for my son (16 yrs) and daughter (8 yrs) through NCS at the same time. My wife won't be applying for BC as she won't be eligible.

7) My wife, Son and daughter will travel back to India.

They will return to the UK once my Mother-in-law's health is back to normal.

Many thanks for your time

ishalife
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship for under 18 kids living in India

Post by ishalife » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:53 pm

Dear Moderators

Please could you help with your response