ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is English Language test required to apply ILR from Tier 1 ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarrial
Mood:
United Kingdom

Is English Language test required to apply ILR from Tier 1 ?

Post by sarrial » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:03 pm

I had HSMP visa and switched it to Tier 1 General. The evidence I used for entry clearance and visa extension were Degree taught in English.

Do I need IELTS or any other test (a apart from Life in the UK Test) before I apply for ILR?

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:23 am

ukba-applicant-786
Newly Registered

Re: Is English Language test required to apply ILR from Tier

Post by ukba-applicant-786 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:32 pm

for ILR (based on tier 1 general) NO English is required as it was provided as part of first time tier 1( general) application.

I got ILR in dec 2013 and did not give any proof for english in ILR application

nazabrar
Newly Registered

Post by nazabrar » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:21 pm

To ukba-applicant-786

Hi There,
Thanks very much for confirming. I am also applying for ILR in July and wanted to confirm the same thing. I came to UK on tier 1 general and had 1 extension. For initial EC and extension, both times I have submitted "Degree taught in English" certificate and it was recognized by Points based calc and they accepted it. Can I use the same certificates for ILR as well (i am working as well) or do i need English test?
Did you post your application or was it PEO? I am going for PEO. Would be useful to know how did you apply and do i need any covering letter? I had personal leave of 45 days to India which was a paid holiday. Do I need to submit evidence for this absence?

Many Thanks,
Nazia

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:56 pm

nazabrar wrote:I came to UK on tier 1 general and had 1 extension. For initial EC and extension, both times I have submitted "Degree taught in English" certificate and it was recognized by Points based calc and they accepted it. Can I use the same certificates for ILR as well (i am working as well) or do i need English test?
Did you post your application or was it PEO? I am going for PEO. Would be useful to know how did you apply and do i need any covering letter? I had personal leave of 45 days to India which was a paid holiday. Do I need to submit evidence for this absence?
Nazia
1. You do not need to do another English Test as you have already satisfied this requirement in the initial application. You do, however, need to take the LIUK Test.

2. Absence is under 180 days therefore should not be a problem. If you have evidence, however, it would be great to include it with the application