ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priya26

British citizenship queries

Post by priya26 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:33 am

My husband would be applying for his citizenship soon. I have a few questions and would really  appreciate if someone could help.
1) One of the referees is a doctor and has the same surname as my husband but is not related to him. Is that alright?
2) My husband has a uk Msc degree.. will it be enough to suffice the English language requirement or he needs to get U k naric certificate or give an english test?? or we can take a print out from points based calculator?
Many thanks in advance

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: British citizenship queries

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:43 am

priya26 wrote:My husband would be applying for his citizenship soon. I have a few questions and would really  appreciate if someone could help.
1) One of the referees is a doctor and has the same surname as my husband but is not related to him. Is that alright?
2) My husband has a uk Msc degree.. will it be enough to suffice the English language requirement or he needs to get U k naric certificate or give an english test?? or we can take a print out from points based calculator?
Many thanks in advance

1. Yes

2. Yes
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021