ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advise for getting parents from India to UK for a visit.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drramanjett
Newly Registered

advise for getting parents from India to UK for a visit.

Post by drramanjett » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:26 am

consider me an absolute novice to this.

I work as a Doctor in the UK on HSMP leave expiring 2010. Income of 55k per annum. Recently bought a 3 bedroom house in UK. Now want to get my parents to UK on a visiting visa initailly. Just to show them around. They are 63 and 56 yrs of age and reside in India. What supporting documentation will I need apart from the following.

1. letter stating that I will sponsor the visit
2. last 3-6months bank statements
3. Last 3-6months pay slips
the purpose of visit is just to show them around.
Can somebody update me on what forms will I need (links preferred). As this is something I intend to do in the next 6 months, what supporting documents will I need. what are the things I can already put into action to achieve this goal.

also what is the most time consuming step.

any help deeply appreciated.

drramanjett
Newly Registered

Post by drramanjett » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:37 am

hey guys any help will be appreciated

Rover8098

Post by Rover8098 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi, have a look at the following for the information you need:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 6977150088

So in summary, you need to send:
1. An inivitation letter to your parents inviting them to come and visit you (silly, I know, but you have to do it - try something rather informal like "Dear Father & Mother, I would like to invite you come and visit me at my home in the UK and stay with me for xx months from June 2007.... Whilst here, I would like to take you around my home town and also take you for short breaks to Lake District, Brighton etc. etc. I confirm that I will provide you accommodation at my house and bear all costs during your stay in the UK and provide evidence of my means to do so. Please apply for your visitors visa at the BHC in xxxxxxx at your earliest convenience. I look forward to seeing you both soon" - obviously make the letter relevant and include anything else you want!

2. Evidence that you can accommodate them - i.e. your house deeds/mortgage statements/utility bills (copies of - you can always send originals if asked for at a later date)

3. Evidence that you can financially support them i.e. your last 6 months bank statements/savings account statements, pay slips, employment contract, P60 - whatever you can provide to back up your finances and prove that you are financially sound and can afford to support your parents during their stay in the UK

The key thing that immigration are interested in is the fact that you will not be claiming public funds to support your parents whilst they are in the UK and the fact that they will return to India after visiting you. Given their ages and your status in the UK, I really doubt that they will have any issues in obtaining a visitors visa. You will also find that once your parents have visited you a couple of times, they could then probably apply for and be given a 10 year multiple entry visitors visa - my parents have a 10 year multiple entry visa and they visit almost twice every year from India!
Enjoy your time with your parents.

drramanjett
Newly Registered

Post by drramanjett » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:01 am

thanks a lot rover898. Your advice is much appreciated.

Rover8098

Post by Rover8098 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:02 pm

you are welcome drramanjett

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 01, 2007 8:41 pm

I'd love to meet your parents dr R :lol:

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue May 01, 2007 10:38 pm

Rover8098 wrote:my parents have a 10 year multiple entry visa and they visit almost twice every year from India!
What is the duration of each visit and how long is the gap between the 2 visits?

debtblue
Newly Registered

Post by debtblue » Wed May 02, 2007 10:44 am

Hi ram

I just got my parents to UK on visit, both similar age as yours. All i did was a copy of my status, letter confirming my invitation my address and that i will cover all the cost of their stay.

We gave all this and their to n fro tickets with travel insurance to the travel agent, he took rs 500 per person and got us visa as well.

No trouble at all, no financial document, just my employers letter of my earnings and no going to the UK embassy in delhi. Use your travel agent, they will do everything for you.

Hope it helps.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed May 02, 2007 10:48 am

debtblue wrote:Hi ram

I just got my parents to UK on visit, both similar age as yours. All i did was a copy of my status, letter confirming my invitation my address and that i will cover all the cost of their stay.

We gave all this and their to n fro tickets with travel insurance to the travel agent, he took rs 500 per person and got us visa as well.

No trouble at all, no financial document, just my employers letter of my earnings and no going to the UK embassy in delhi. Use your travel agent, they will do everything for you.

Hope it helps.
don't forget to take medical insurance as you don't know when you will need it and make yourself as the beneficiary... I have always taken medical insurance for my mother for the duration she has been in the UK and Australia

Rover8098

Post by Rover8098 » Sat May 05, 2007 1:15 pm

olisun, the 10 yr multiple entry visa allows them to stay for up to 6 months per visit with no requirement to be out of the country for a stated period of time before they can come back (however, I guess if they abused the visa i.e. stayed here for 6 months, went back to India and came back again after 1 week and stayed again for 6 months, went back to India and came back.....you get the drift, the immigration officer would most probably refuse them re-entry to the UK) - but my parents usually stay for 2/3 months maximum per visit, so they have absolutely no issues in entering the UK - in fact, they are even registered to use the IRIS system, which means everytime they arrive either at LHR or LGW, they don't even have to queue at the immigration counter and just walk through the IRIS booth :D

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Rover8098 wrote:Evidence that you can financially support them i.e. your last 6 months bank statements/savings account statements, pay slips, employment contract, P60 - whatever you can provide to back up your finances and prove that you are financially sound and can afford to support your parents during their stay in the UK.
Do the payslips/bank statements have to be in original? Or can I send photocopies along with the sponsorship letter ??

regards