ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received IELTS Score Card: Needs your best help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hellohsmp2006
Newly Registered

Received IELTS Score Card: Needs your best help

Post by hellohsmp2006 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:05 pm

I've received my IELTS Score Card Today. Here is the result:

Speaking: 7
Writing: 7
Reading: 6
Listening 5.5

Overall band score = 6.5

I want to know Is it equivalant to IELTS Level 6 that is the new requirement of Home Office for HSMP Extension? OR Through which source can I get this particular information. I'm worried my extension is going to expire very soon so i need to apply.

Advance Thanks for all your help

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Received IELTS Score Card: Needs your best help

Post by pantaiema » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:31 pm

You defenitely meet the English requirement as you overal band is 6.5. In theguidelines they just mention IELTS of at least 6.0 which mean overal band.

Someone has already posted the confirmation abotu this in this forum from HSMP team.

You could proceed with confidence

Pantaiema

hellohsmp2006 wrote:I've received my IELTS Score Card Today. Here is the result:

Speaking: 7
Writing: 7
Reading: 6
Listening 5.5

Overall band score = 6.5

I want to know Is it equivalant to IELTS Level 6 that is the new requirement of Home Office for HSMP Extension? OR Through which source can I get this particular information. I'm worried my extension is going to expire very soon so i need to apply.

Advance Thanks for all your help

hellohsmp2006
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by hellohsmp2006 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:40 pm

Thank you very much Pantaiema for your prompt reply.

debz

Post by debz » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:54 pm

Hi hellohsmp2006,

For General training the band should be above 6 to qualify but for academic it is more (not very sure what's the band).

I think you applied for General training, so not to worry :)
Regards,
Debjani.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:47 pm

No the requirement for HSMP is the same for both academic and general IELTS. Minimum 6.0.

But probably what U mean if U take academic IELTS to study (not for HMSP). The IELTS requirements shall vary from univeristy to university, departement, etc.

Pantaiema

debz wrote:Hi hellohsmp2006,

For General training the band should be above 6 to qualify but for academic it is more (not very sure what's the band).
:)