ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP & international travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sub
Newly Registered

Lost BRP & international travel

Post by Sub » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 am

Due to fly tomorrow (Dec 2013). Putting together docs. Cannot find the BRP. (1 year visa expiring March 2014). No photocopy, but do have UKBA letters.

1. Can I fly out of the UK, if I cannot find the BRP card?
2. How long does it take to get a replacement BRP visa in India?
3. After returning to the UK (Feb 2014) do I apply for a BRP(RC - replacement card) or just put in the normal annual renewal application FLR(O)? Note the existing visa will only have a few weeks left till expiry on re-entry into the UK.
4. Where should I file a police report - tonight in UK, or after arriving in India?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Any things lost in Uk should be reported to Police in UK. I dont know if you can get a replacement visa from India. But one thing I can tell you for sure is that you will never be able to board aircraft from India by showing home office papers.

DGENQUIRIES
Newly Registered

Re: Lost BRP & international travel

Post by DGENQUIRIES » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:44 pm

1. NO you can not and should not fly out of the UK without your BRP card. You might have problems being let back into the country. Please be responsible.
4. You should file a police report as soon as you possibly can at your local police station in the UK

Whatever you do do not leave the UK without your new card and without reporting it, because you'll have no proof of your status!!!

Sub wrote:Due to fly tomorrow (Dec 2013). Putting together docs. Cannot find the BRP. (1 year visa expiring March 2014). No photocopy, but do have UKBA letters.

1. Can I fly out of the UK, if I cannot find the BRP card?
2. How long does it take to get a replacement BRP visa in India?
3. After returning to the UK (Feb 2014) do I apply for a BRP(RC - replacement card) or just put in the normal annual renewal application FLR(O)? Note the existing visa will only have a few weeks left till expiry on re-entry into the UK.
4. Where should I file a police report - tonight in UK, or after arriving in India?