ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer absence letter query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vin1983

Employer absence letter query

Post by vin1983 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi

I am on tier 1 general and would be eligible for ILR in june 2014. I am bit confused with the need for absence letter so can somebody please clarify the same:
- I am on tier 1 general and within the limit of maximum permitted days outside UK. So do I need a employer absence letter?
- If yes, I checked with my employer and they said they can provide a standard letter that I work for them with designation, salary etc but cant confirm the absence dates. They say the wording of the letter is enough and confirmed by immigration lawyers. It says:

While we are not able to confirm specific dates of vacation for XXX XXX we can confirm that he remained on the UK payroll and was paid in the UK during this period. To the best of our knowledge, any time spent outside of the UK during the period would have been vacation or business trips.

Will this suffice or do I need to push and get a letter? Just curious how do people get this letter if they shift companies as I dont think HR of a previous company would take this much effort to confirm on a letterhead

Thanks again for the help
Vin

vin1983

Post by vin1983 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi Just wanted to check if anybody can answer my queries - thanks

kvnvj84
Newly Registered

Re: Employer absence letter query

Post by kvnvj84 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:07 pm

I got my employer to confirm that I was on paid annual leave on those dates but they said they can't confirm if I was/wasn't outside the UK on those dates