ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance from Australia

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pokie
Newly Registered

Entry clearance from Australia

Post by Pokie » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:32 am

Hi All,

My partner and I were successful in obtaining HSMPs. We are now applying for EC from Australia and would appreciate any advice.

From what we have read all we need to do is complete the VAF1 application form, supply HSMP letter, passport, passport sized photograph, bank statements showing proof of funds available and complete the payment form.

Other posts indicate that the process is more complicated applying from other countries, hence I just wanted to ensure that I haven't missed anything!

Thanks in advance for your advice / experiences.

hsmp.paul
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp.paul » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:28 am

Hi Pokie,

Yes, the application process from Oz is simply as you've stated.

The only issue I found was the difficulty in getting in touch with the BHC in Canberra. However, if you use registered post then you should be OK.

I applied for my EC in late Feb 07 and the turnaround time was approx 1 week, from sending the application in and receiving it back.