ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 Years long Absence help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thano
Newly Registered

ILR 10 Years long Absence help

Post by thano » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 am

Hi,

I have recently submitted my set(lr) application as I have been in this country for 10 years now.

The information I need here is for my wife. She has also been in this country for 10 years and I would like to apply for her ILR. However, the problem is a long absence. She came to this country in 2004 on the student visa and then we got married in 2006 and since then she has been on the dependent visa. During her student visa (2004 - 2006), her mother was diagnosed with Cancer and she had to go back a couple of time to look after her. Although, she also completed her studies . The long absences are:

In 2004 - 170 days
June 2005 - April 2006 - 309 Days

My understanding is that we are allowed up-to 180 days in one year (I could be wrong). We can provide medical letters to cover that period and also the death certificate of her mother as she passed away after few years due to cancer. Although, I am not sure if this would be right thing to do.

I will be grateful if someone could help me here.

many thanks,

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Either filing her own ILR LR (and hope for discretion) or bolting onto your ILR as ILR dep would take about the same time. the latter option would not be affected by the absences. Costwise something for you to think about.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

thano
Newly Registered

Post by thano » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for the information.

Is it the FLR(M) to use for dependent visa. I guess that would give her a visa for 2 years but what after that. Does she need to apply for ILR (what form to use) after getting the dependent visa?

thanks,