ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saima999

Urgent help please

Post by saima999 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:19 am

Hi
My friend got a spouse visa last month from Pakistan for 3 years , her husband is british , is there any time limit in which she must travel to the uk? There is nothing written on the visa for Tavel time or etc? She is planning to come here in February 2014 will there be any effect on her visa if she travels to the uk almost 3 months after her visa is issued ?
Thanks

VR

Time limit

Post by VR » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi,

The visa should have a valid from and valid to date and the person can travel before the validity expires.

I thought usually it should be 3 months.
cheers
vr

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: Urgent help please

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:35 pm

saima999 wrote:Hi
will there be any effect on her visa if she travels to the uk almost 3 months after her visa is issued ?
Thanks
No.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:04 pm

If she travels later than 3 months 28 days after the 33 initial visa she'll need 2 more extensions of leave before being able to settle - more expensive.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.