ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Tier4 to Tier2 online application issues

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sefardim
Newly Registered

Switching Tier4 to Tier2 online application issues

Post by Sefardim » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi,

Have been filling my application on line and some parts of it made me confused, your help will be very much appreciated.

1) Switching from Tier4 to Tier2 do I need to certify my English? Which of the four options available should I choose? The first one that says

"I have a qualification, at least equivalent to a UK Bachelor's degree, taught in English"

OR the third one that says

"Evidence previously submitted/considered to automatically meet" ???

I guess it's the latter HOWEVER when I tick it the system asks me to provide details and it doesnt give the option to choose that I

"Have ever been granted leave as a Tier 4 (General) Student and the Certificate of Acceptance for Studies used to support that application was assigned on or after 21 April 2011"

HOWEVER this option is present in the paper based application. So, what's the catch here?

2) At the end when I get to the page where I tick the docs I am required to submit the system asks me to submit proof of my citizenship in one of the English speaking countries! Do I just tick NO or is there something wrong with my application because I'm not from an English speaking country.

Thank you ever so much!

Regards

Sefardim
Newly Registered

Post by Sefardim » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Has anybody (switching from Tier4) done a Tier2 application recently? Please help

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:16 am

For some reason they haven't included the option you mention in the form, it's probably an error.

if you have a degree taught in English (which I presume you have if you are switching from tier 4 to tier 2, unless it's on the basis of having completed at least a year of a PhD) then just choose the degree taught in English option as you will need to provide evidence of this qualification anyway.

If you don't have this then I would suggest using the paper form.

You tick no to being from an English speaking country. You tick yes to all of the documents that you are providing and no to all of the documents that you aren't providing.

Sefardim
Newly Registered

Post by Sefardim » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Greenie wrote:For some reason they haven't included the option you mention in the form, it's probably an error.

if you have a degree taught in English (which I presume you have if you are switching from tier 4 to tier 2, unless it's on the basis of having completed at least a year of a PhD) then just choose the degree taught in English option as you will need to provide evidence of this qualification anyway.

If you don't have this then I would suggest using the paper form.

You tick no to being from an English speaking country. You tick yes to all of the documents that you are providing and no to all of the documents that you aren't providing.
Thank you so much!