ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence card for non eea national

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Callum.a
Newly Registered

Residence card for non eea national

Post by Callum.a » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:58 pm

My wife and I are both New Zealand citizens but my wife also holds a British passport (through her parents being British). We are married in New Zealand. We are currently in Germany as visitors but want to travel to Ireland and work.
As I understand it:
I can travel with my wife to Ireland and I can just enter the country on a visitors visa (which I am granted at the border as I am New Zealand citizen).
Once in Ireland I am legally allowed to work as I will be With my wife excercising her treaty rights?

So my questions are:
1. What sort of proof do I need to able me to work? Or can I just start applying for jobs? Will possible employers need any proof of right to work.
2. How long can I work for before I need to apply for a more definite working visa?
3. What do I need to apply for and how do I go about applying for it?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:54 pm

For the first 3 months you can (in theory) work without any documentation. In practice you will have to find an employer who accepts this which will probably be the case for lower skilled jobs but more challenging with more qualified ones.

Once 3 months have passed you will be required to hold a residence cardio be allowed to work. The main documents you will be required to provide will be around the fact that your are married, that your spouse is working in Ireland, and that you are living together in Ireland. The application form is here (do stat the application process as soon as you arrive as gathering the documents and getting it processed through the first stage which gives you a temporary residence card will take a few weeks): http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf

Check the numerous threads here on EU treaty rights for more details.
Last edited by jeupsy on Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:55 pm

---

New App
Newly Registered

Post by New App » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:36 pm

jeupsy wrote:For the first 3 months you can (in theory) work without any documentation. In practice you will have to find an employer who accepts this which will probably be the case for lower skilled jobs but more challenging with more qualified ones.

Once 3 months have passed you will be required to hold a residence cardio be allowed to work. The main documents you will be required to provide will be around the fact that your are married, that your spouse is working in Ireland, and that you are living together in Ireland. The application form is here (do stat the application process as soon as you arrive as gathering the documents and getting it processed through the first stage which gives you a temporary residence card will take a few weeks): http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf

Check the numerous threads here on EU treaty rights for more details.

The first 3 months you are actually not permitted to work- you only have permission to be in Ireland for the purpose of registration with the GNIB. It will be hard to obtain an employer will on your entry stamp. The quicker you register for EU Treaty rights the better as you can obtain a letter that will allow you obtain a stamp 4 from the GNIB.

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Re: Residence card for non eea national

Post by Latintraveller » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:23 pm

The non-EU person is permitted to work in the first three months if the EU person is exercising their treaty rights. I wrote to Solvit and they expressly stated that is the case. The first thing you should do is to get a PPS number. This is required by employees and both the EU and non-EU have a right to have this (be careful of the Cork office though as one of the male staff there appears to have shown prejudice to non-EU nationals making it very hard for them to get their PPS number (and causing a lot of problems along the way.)

Callum.a
Newly Registered

Re: Residence card for non eea national

Post by Callum.a » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:58 pm

What do I say to a prospective employer if he asks about visa? Also once I get a temporary stamp 4 am I allowed to travel to Italy and still be allowed back into Ireland?