ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expired while waiting for appeal!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Laila007
Newly Registered

Passport expired while waiting for appeal!

Post by Laila007 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:11 am

Hi

My passport expired while waiting for my appeal! If I lose the appeal and need to make a new application I don't think I can because it won't be a valid passport? Anyone had a similar experience? My embassy says is could take up to 4 months to renew my passport( which I don't have anyways!)

Please help!

Aabdulwaheed

Post by Aabdulwaheed » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:43 pm

i am facing the same problems. my passport expired and i am still waiting my decision from head office. my embassy said i cant even renew my passport from uk if i dont have a valid visa. i am even more confused if i get refused then i cant even move to any other category.

Laila007
Newly Registered

Post by Laila007 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:50 pm

It's just crazy! We are trying to do the right things ... But there's no help and no guidance but the ukba will be too quick to jump up and tell us what we have done wrong!

I've heard it's illegal to apply for a passport while ukba have urs ... I don't know!

I called the Croydon immigration help line and got the most ridiculous answer... I was told that if my appeal is refused I don't get to make a new application I have to go home! Which is not true! U can appeal to upper tribunal or make a new application! Totally uninformed staff!

If I find out anything new I will let u know!

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Re: Passport expired while waiting for appeal!

Post by tanvir1985th » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 am

Laila007 wrote:Hi

My passport expired while waiting for my appeal! If I lose the appeal and need to make a new application I don't think I can because it won't be a valid passport? Anyone had a similar experience? My embassy says is could take up to 4 months to renew my passport( which I don't have anyways!)

Please help!
u dont have to have a passport to make any kind of application neither yr passport has to be valid when its with UKBA. this is true that you should not make a new passport while yr old one with UKBA. but however please be advised if you are planning to make a tier 4 application yr sponsor might want to see a valid passport. otherwise all fine. in the application form there is option to say that yr passport is with UKBA. hope this helps

waqasmir
Newly Registered

Post by waqasmir » Sat May 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi

I am in the same position, I need to apply for a fresh application next week and my passport expired while I was on appeal.
Can anyone of you here tell me how did they apply for their application with their expired passport.

I am thinking of applying with that passport and explaining them in the covering letter that my passport expired while I was on appeal and I cannot renew my passport until I have my visa or if you can provide me with a letter that I can take it to pakistan embassy.

Please help.

Thanks

Khizar

Post by Khizar » Sat May 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi,

I am not too sure about your case, since you said that your embassy gonna take more then 4 months for renewal of passport, but one of my friend had the similar situation. He applied for tier 4 visa and before the decision his passport was about to expire in HO.
He called the HO and explained them situation & next day he revived his passport and a letter from HO through courier service and it was said that your application status will remain out standing till you manage to obtain your new passport from Pakistani embassy. He applied for urgent passport which he obtained in one week and then he resent new+old passport alongside the letter which he received from HO. He got visa shortly after this.
To my understanding you need to consult a good solicitor about this issue since you said that renewal process gonna take up to 4 months. Apart from this HO helpline or information line isn't helpful to the level they advertise in their policies. Few peoples are good and helpful who try to understand ones humanitarian need but few are there just waiting to end their shift time and to mentally torture the immigrants like us.
Better be fully equipped via a professional before doing any step.

Good luck

Laila007
Newly Registered

Post by Laila007 » Sun May 11, 2014 12:15 am

Hey guys

Thanks for that response it's really useful. I hv spoken to my embassy and they say that it will be able to issue the passport with a letter from ho. So this totally makes sense - I hope it goes this wAy! It's better than if they just reject the application because of the passport! U just never know with the ukba!

Thanks and GOODLUCK guys!

Khizar

Post by Khizar » Sun May 11, 2014 6:15 am

Welcome & Good luck with your application. Hope it will be all okay.

waqasmir
Newly Registered

Post by waqasmir » Sun May 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Laila007 wrote:Hey guys

Thanks for that response it's really useful. I hv spoken to my embassy and they say that it will be able to issue the passport with a letter from ho. So this totally makes sense - I hope it goes this wAy! It's better than if they just reject the application because of the passport! U just never know with the ukba!

Thanks and GOODLUCK guys!

When are you planning to apply??

waqasmir
Newly Registered

Post by waqasmir » Sun May 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Thank you guys. I am planning to submit my application with a a covering letter explaining my situation and requesting a letter for my passport.

Thanks a lot everyone.

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Mon May 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi every one

I applied for tier 4 visa last year April 2013 which was refused then I lodged an appeal against this decision and while the appeal was pending for hearing I had completed my 10 years so I withdrawn my Appel and applied for ILR on 10 years basis then got my ILR on 10 years basis back in February and got my driving licence and life in uk back but as my last visa was refused and my current passport was with them (removal dept ) I did not got it back ..any guidance what to do ?... And to whom I can write or call to get back my current passport and if you can post the link for the help of other peoples as well as I saw some other cases like this ?...Thanks