ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Passport with EC stamp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alf1977
Newly Registered

Lost Passport with EC stamp

Post by alf1977 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi,
I am from India and in the UK for the past 2 months on HSMP.Now Royal Mail has lost my Indian passport on its way to DVLA.What do i need to do? Apply for a new passport in Indian High comission....how much time will it cost? how much cost ? what are the docs required?

Then what shud i do get my EC on my new passport? I need to visit India as we are expecting our first baby in June.So the matter is pretty critical...can any experts pls help? for the visa/EC to be re-issued shud i contact homeoffice and how long will it take to get it and how much is the cost and what are the docs required?
Iam not able to find this particular situatuion explained clearly in the Homeoffice website...

Many Thanks
AJ

davidm

Post by davidm » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:30 pm

From what I know from what happened to a friend of mine- you will have to report the lost passport to the police and get a report. Then go to the high commission and apply for a new passport. Once you get the passport, you get the new passport endorsed with the permit you have. I think it will cost you quite a bit these days to get the WP stamped on your new passport as the fees have gone up.
From the indian high commission website
http://hcilondon.net/passport/index.html#newpass

alf1977
Newly Registered

Post by alf1977 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:43 pm

davidm wrote:From what I know from what happened to a friend of mine- you will have to report the lost passport to the police and get a report. Then go to the high commission and apply for a new passport. Once you get the passport, you get the new passport endorsed with the permit you have. I think it will cost you quite a bit these days to get the WP stamped on your new passport as the fees have gone up.
From the indian high commission website
http://hcilondon.net/passport/index.html#newpass
Thanks David.Thats what i am being told.Do u know how much will it cost and do i need to some all the documents that i had shown for EC...the problem is all the docs are not with me but in India..u know how much time it took your friend to get all this done?