ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Undeclared Fine on Naturilisation application!!!!HELP PLZ

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lancoalase

Undeclared Fine on Naturilisation application!!!!HELP PLZ

Post by lancoalase » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:40 pm

HI all, i need your help as to possible outcome of my case. I recently applied for naturilisation over 2 month ago, but recently found out that apart from the expire disqualification term, the fine also run seperately. On the application i declare no criminal convictions with my believe that, since my driving disqualification as lapses, i am free. Only through this board i realised, the fine also counted seperately. I need your advised on what to do now. My application is not yet decided, i already had acknowledgment letter.
1. Can i call for the application back
2. can i call the nationality section and told them about my mistakes and misunderstandings of the rehabilitation of offenders act
3. should i leave the application and let them decide the outcome
4 i must stress, it is a very honest mis-understanding of the rehabilitation act. My believe was that, since i have spent the disqulification, all is clear, not knowing the fine is seperate to the banned. any advise will be appreciated.
many thanks.
PS..I was banned for driving for 15months in AUG 2005 and fine £255 and applied for naturlisation in february 2007 without declaring the conviction of the fine. My believe was that both the Disqualification and fine are one.

aristo
Newly Registered

Post by aristo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:34 am

Apart from not disclosing the fine, you might have problem 'cause 2 years hasn't lapsed since you've been convicted (Aug 2005). I believe it is mentioned in the instructions on how to fill Naturalisation application form.
You are probably on PNC (Police National Computer) and that is the check HO will most certainly carry out.
You'll be rehabilitated in Aug 2010 from both ban and fine, but my understanding is that you need to be in 'clear' for 2 years since conviction, and then HO can exercise discretion to grant you naturalisation.
You might get lucky and even get naturalised in current situation, but in case they ever do the review they could you strip you off it, as it's been obtained by deception, as they may claim.
Good luck with whatever you do next.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:20 am

Lots more about this subject in this BIA document. In particular, very near to the bottom of that document it mentions the 2 year clear period as regards fines, already mentioned above.

lancoalase, I think you have a problem. I think you should draw BIA's attention to the fine as soon as possible, and at the very least, don't be surprised if they sit on the application at least until August, 2 years after your date of conviction.

And it might be worse, they could simply reject the application, and whilst it would not stop you applying again, after the 2nd anniversary of your conviction in August, it will of course add to the expense of becoming Naturalised.
John

British

Post by British » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:09 pm

lancoalase,

Reading through the recent posts on similar threads (like driving offence declaration) , i think you may already have a problem with your ILR itself!
Others may be able to confirm on this to you and i may be wrong too!

Are you sure you had declared these driving offences in your ILR application? or was it that you had got your ILR before August 2005 (in which case you don't have a problem with your ILR status).

If you had declared these offenses in the ILR application, are you sure that the ILR was granted even after they knew you had declared your driving disqualification offense?

lancoalase

Post by lancoalase » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi, Thanks to you all for the reply. I have got ILR over many years ago and only decided to apply for citizenship now. I have decided to call the Nationality attention to this mishap and see what they decide. I will keep you all updated. thanks.

lancoalase

Post by lancoalase » Thu May 03, 2007 9:12 pm

Just to Update you, that I rang the Nationality group and explain to them my assumption and misunderstanding of the rehablitation act as per my driving conviction. I was told to put it in writing and send it recorded delivery and it will be pass on to the respective case worker.
My consern now is the possible outcome of my application. Any guess will be appreciated from you all. many thanks

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:12 am

Lancolase, going through the forum, i realised that only last year, you were waiting for a reply on your 7 year concession application but from your posts on this thread you stated that you got your ilr many years ago? i'm curious as i'm awaiting a decision from the ho regarding my 7 year concession application too. can you update us on the outcome of that application please? thanks.

lancoalase

Post by lancoalase » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:16 am

Twin, The seven year concssion post was for one of my sisters. Thanks for your concern. She is still waiting for a decision on the application and it is now over 2years.