ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 ICT (Long Term) to Tier 2 General Dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anilpjo
Newly Registered

Tier2 ICT (Long Term) to Tier 2 General Dependant

Post by anilpjo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi Experts

I am Tier2 ICT Since June 2010. And my wife currently is in Tier 2 General , Can I switch Tier2 ICT to Tier2 Dependant inside UK?

If yes, whether my ICT period will count for my ILR?

I am totally confused with different opinions, could you please help

Regards
Anil

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier2 ICT (Long Term) to Tier 2 General Dependant

Post by manci » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:04 am

anilpjo wrote:Hi Experts

I am Tier2 ICT Since June 2010. And my wife currently is in Tier 2 General , Can I switch Tier2 ICT to Tier2 Dependant inside UK? yes, assuming that your intitial T2 ICT leave was as Established Staff

If yes, whether my ICT period will count for my ILR? yes but only under the long residence rules (10 years continuous lawful stay) and not under the 5 year provisions if your initial T2 ICT leave was under the rules after 5 April 2010.

I am totally confused with different opinions, could you please help. There is no need to rely on opinions, do your own research. There is plenty of UKBA material on the isubject on nternet

Regards
Anil