ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working in the EU under HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sammyw
Newly Registered

Working in the EU under HSMP

Post by sammyw » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:23 am

I am currently an HSMP holder and I have recently been offered a job covering French and Spanish accounts. My office may be based in Paris in which case I would be paid in euros. I am trying to weigh my options in terms of taking the position with an option that will enable me to continue to hold my HSMP and remain eligible for my FLR in a year and my indefinite leave to remain three years past that point. I have looked at the new HSMP scoring sheet and under the new rules I would have 95 points in a year. My main concern is giving up my HSMP and then having to start the process of permanent stay/settlement again

1. If I remain resident in the UK but work in Paris once a wk etc and get paid in France, will I still be eligible to apply for my extension when the time comes.
2. Is there any information about working within the EU under HSMP

kawasaki1

Post by kawasaki1 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:55 pm

You cannot work in the rest of the EU if you have HSMP. You will need a separate work-permit etc.

Also, any time outside of the UK will mean that you might not be able to get ILR when time comes. You are only allowed a certain number of days outside the UK each year to qualify (and to find out how many please read the guidance notes on the IND website :)).

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Tue May 01, 2007 6:04 am

Assuming that you solve the work permit issue for France, and the travel constraints, you can consider foreign earned income in your application for renewal.

Check out - http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... pril07.pdf

Specifically Annex B, #'s 40 and 41.

I'm not sure how you'd deal with all the tax issues, you should probably talk to someone about that.

sammyw
Newly Registered

Working in the EU

Post by sammyw » Tue May 01, 2007 8:27 am

What about if I change the order and work in the UK ie. get paid through the UK but live in Paris --will that change anything? As the earnings will be UK based --I know that the problem then becomes the 75% of the time that I stay in the UK which I can work on but does that make it better.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 01, 2007 8:36 am

It doesnt matter whether they pay you in euros or in pounds, in france or the uk, it matters how much time you are out of the uk on a continuous basis. You can take still get a flat in paris, but you should show you are commuting from the UK, meaning leaving on monday, returning on friday.
you would be out of the uk 3 days week because the fly in and fly out do not count as days out of the uk.

sammyw
Newly Registered

working in the EU

Post by sammyw » Tue May 01, 2007 5:06 pm

Sorry I am not understanding what you mean by time flying in or out of the UK does not count? I read the IND website and I know that they make allowances for people who need to travel for work but I just don't know how they would determine whether I qualify.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 01, 2007 5:27 pm

You still have to report you were out of the UK, and you would state the reason is work.
if you fly out on monday, you were in the uK monday
if you fly in on friday you wer in the uk friday even if you were not there the full day.
the days you were absent would be tues wed thursday
Clear enough?