ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is there no one to help us??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

debtblue
Newly Registered

is there no one to help us??

Post by debtblue » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:11 pm

Hello there

I came to UK in 2000 as a student from India, and acquired WP in May 2005, i still have 2 years more
years on WP remaining. Also two years ago i met a Polish girl and this year on April 21 we got married
in accordance to Polish courts.

My wife has dual nationalities: Polish and German. Since she has been in the UK for 2 years,she has also acquired
british residency card after completing EEA 1 form.

Now as for me, I want to be free from my WP status and want to be able to work anywhere I want in the UK
& EU.

What shall I do?? Shall I complete the EEA3 form or shall i continue on my WP???? or shall I acquire a
German or Polish nationality???

I just want to work freely in UK without being with the same employer. Please please please advise me.

Many thanks

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: is there no one to help us??

Post by sakura » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:15 pm

debtblue wrote:Hello there

I came to UK in 2000 as a student from India, and acquired WP in May 2005, i still have 2 years more
years on WP remaining. Also two years ago i met a Polish girl and this year on April 21 we got married
in accordance to Polish courts.

My wife has dual nationalities: Polish and German. Since she has been in the UK for 2 years,she has also acquired
british residency card after completing EEA 1 form.

Now as for me, I want to be free from my WP status and want to be able to work anywhere I want in the UK
& EU.

What shall I do?? Shall I complete the EEA3 form or shall i continue on my WP???? or shall I acquire a
German or Polish nationality???

I just want to work freely in UK without being with the same employer. Please please please advise me.

Many thanks
I've already replied to you: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

As stated, you can't just 'apply' for German/Polish nationality just like that...they have specific requirements (which I'm thinking you haven't looked at if you're asking the same question). If you want to move around the EU/UK with various employers, use the EEA forms....it's easy, straightforward and free.