ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Croydon - 19th Dec - 35 minutes

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suds19

ILR success @ Croydon - 19th Dec - 35 minutes

Post by suds19 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:22 pm

I got ILR today at PEO Croydon. I had 8 AM appointment and collected my documents at 8:35 AM. Though the whole process started at 7:30 AM, so just over an hour time in total.

Document Provided :-
(1) SET(O) form + 2 photos
(2) PBS calculator printout
(3) Appointment letter + Payment sheet
(4) Signed and Stamped payslips - last 8 months
(5) Bank Statements - last 8 months
(6) LIUK certificate + GESE Grade 5
(7) 4 absence letters from previous employers - 2 of them giving details of absences and other 2 just stating my annual holidays entitlement.
(8 ) HMRC employment history letter

My advise would be to keep it simple. Don't provide more documents than necessary. When I spoke to the girl on the desk providing folders for the documents, she said if they need anything, they will call you. So you can carry them, but submit only the necessary ones.

One other advise is to segregate different documents into transparent A4 Punched Pockets and attach a sticky note on the first paper mentioning which section they pertain to e.g. "Section 9 (A) - 8 months Payslips". Then in the plastic folder provided by UKBA, you can put all the A4 Punched Pockets. This would make caseworker life easier. The same I did for photocopies as well. All photocopies for each different section were inside a separate punched pocket with a sticky note. Also take two plastic folders - one for original and one for photocopies.

Overall it was very smooth and fast process. There are lot of UKBA staff stationed at appropriate locations within the building and on 3rd floor to guide you.