ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Liverpool

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jaycity
Newly Registered

ILR Success Liverpool

Post by Jaycity » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi everyone

I wanted to share my experience at the Liverpool office on 16th December . Arrived 30 Minutes before the appointment and was greeted by friendly security staff in the Xmas spirit .

After a wait of 5 minutes was called to get first window to verify appointment details and run through some basic questions . ( rules and regulations about applying and no refund will be provided if application unsuccessful) lady was very courteous and helpful.

Then told to wait for number to be called , waited for 40 minutes and headed to counter presented file with standard documents , However I had made two files with clear markings under each document for case worker to access information easily. I also made copies along with a covering letter . Again politely told to wait and go for BRP process which took 5 minutes . At that time the very helpful gentleman told us we could go out for 30 minutes if wanted lunch or drink , which we did .

On return I was told ILR granted and card will be mailed in 7 to 10 working days. Over all 2 hour end to end process with the staff very friendly and helpful. The BRP card was delivered on the 19th so overall a great experience and worth the extra fee paid for the appointment.

Application was FLRM to Set M

Happy to help if anyone has any questions

Thanks

skktier1
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Liverpool on 20th Dec 2013

Post by skktier1 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi All,

I had my appointment at Liverpool PEO for settlement SET(O) application through Tier-1(General) route. It was a family appointment (Me, Wife & Child) at 11:00 am on 20th Dec 2013. We arrived at 10:30 am and submitted documents by 10:45am. Biometrics taken at 11:15 am and we were told to wait in the waiting area. At 12:30pm we were told ILR application for 3 of us was successful. Overall, very pleased with the experience and thanks a lot for this forum. The forum was very helpful in preparing the documentation for our application. Happy to share more details if any one has any queries.

Thanks.

Macco

Post by Macco » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Many congratulation to @Jaycity and @skktier1 !!! Could you both please share what documents you have produced to satisfy English language test for yourself and for your spouse. I am due to go in coming months, still not having much clarity on that ?

On my last extension I have produced engg. degree and for my wife I have got the letter from Univ stating education medium was English and for both of us PBS cal shows 10 points for English against our respective degree. Just want to know your experience.. Would these docs fine OR Do we still need to go for NARIC ?

Jaycity
Newly Registered

Post by Jaycity » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi

In my case I provided a UK degree from 2009 ( MBA) . I also of purse had my life in the UK test pass letter.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:15 am

Congratulations.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

peter234
Newly Registered

Post by peter234 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi,

I made a successful application for ILR in Liverpool on 16th December 2013 and and was told to wait for 7 working days for the BRP. But I can see that you made it same day with me and you have received your BRP. What could be delaying mine?

skktier1
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Liverpool on 20th Dec 2013

Post by skktier1 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:36 pm

what documents you have produced to satisfy English language test for yourself and for your spouse?
Answer-->>
I have submitted below docs for me & my wife:-
(1) Original degree certificate
(2) Original transcript/marks memo from university for duration of course
(3) Letter from institution stating degree was taught in english
(4) Also to be on safer side, I have obtained UK NARIC letters for me & my wife (costed £50 per applicant).

john353

Post by john353 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:48 pm

(4) Also to be on safer side, I have obtained UK NARIC letters for me & my wife (costed £50 per applicant).
Can you please confirm if you submitted NARIC statement of comparibility or NARIC english language assessment? Also did you submit any PBS calculator print out?

Leksy
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success Liverpool

Post by Leksy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi SKKTIER1,

Congratulations! Please if I may ask the following questions?

1. what documents did you submit to support your application?
2. Were you absent from the UK at anytime in the 5 years proceeding your application and what documents did you present to support
your absence?
3. I have a shortfall of 26 days due to early application for general tier 1 extension, did you have any shortfall in your 5 years of continuous
residence in the UK?

Thanks

ryans
Newly Registered

Post by ryans » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:12 pm

1. what documents did you submit to support your application?
Please search the forum for details. Example
2. Were you absent from the UK at anytime in the 5 years proceeding your application and what documents did you present to support your absence?
You should not have any continuous leave of 90 days or total number of leaves > 180. In case you have any of the previous but you were away due to work etc. and were paid in UK, you should be okay.
3. I have a shortfall of 26 days due to early application for general tier 1 extension, did you have any shortfall in your 5 years of continuous residence in the UK?
You can apply 28 days before the expiry of your current leave at PEO. In case you still have a doubt, apply by post as it takes 3 months at least for a decision on ILR (if applied via post) and you should be eligible for ILR on the date of decision.

Leksy
Newly Registered

Post by Leksy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks