ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing KOLL question 1.22

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suds19

Confusing KOLL question 1.22

Post by suds19 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:02 pm

I have just got my ILR i.e. after 28th October 2013. I'll be applying for naturalisation in Dec 2014.

To me it seems the question 1.22 has got the AND / OR placed incorrectly creating confusion.

The last two exemption conditions (i.e. KOLL satisfied during settlement application after 28/10/2013 and exemption based on physical and mental condition) should be ORed with the entire clause.

That is it should have been like this -

( LIUK certificate
AND EITHER
( Speaking and Listening qualification
OR
Bachelor degree in English
OR
Majority speaking national
)
)
OR
Satisfied during settlement after 28/10/2013
OR
Exemption because of physical or mental condition

Any comments? I'll send this as a question to UKBA and see what they say.

suds19

Post by suds19 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Just found in the AN booklet two things:-

(I) the requirements are indeed separated out giving clarity i.e.
You can satisfy the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement if you:
1. have passed the Life in the UK test; AND EITHER
2. a. have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR
b. have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and (i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English or (ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country other than Canada; OR
c. are a national of a majority English speaking country

(II) In the exemption section "EXEMPTION FROM THE KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND LIFE IN THE UK REQUIREMENT", it is mentioned that:-

If you have already satisfied the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK, on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to demonstrate it again.

I think that settles my question.