ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application eliminating absences by staying for 10+ yrs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goldenbat6
Newly Registered

ILR Application eliminating absences by staying for 10+ yrs

Post by goldenbat6 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I couldn't seem to find a definite answer through the UKBA website and wondered whether anyone else faced a similar situation.

I am nearing 14 years of residence in the UK in January 2014; this is because I was absent from the UK for too many days for my first 10 years (from year 2000) so in order to achieve a block of continuous 10 years with less than 540 days of absence I have had to stay on.

Now that it's time for me to make the actual application I was wondering whether I should include the total period of my stay in the UK, which would be 2000 - 2014 in my application, or just the relevant 10 years of 2004 - 2014.

Also, if I took the Life in the UK test on 25 January 2012 and passed should I be retaking the test since the UKBA seems to have changed/updated the version of the test now?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Jane

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Application eliminating absences by staying for 10+

Post by quantum1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:56 pm

The form usually asks for all absences from the date you first entered the uk. I suggest you just answer it as it is. They will work out your 10 year period from dates you provide. It is their job after all.
The author of this post is not an immigration expert. Any statements made are commentary personal opinions and should not be construed as advice.