ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PREVIOUS YEARS TAX PROBLEM

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nice32

PREVIOUS YEARS TAX PROBLEM

Post by nice32 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi to ALL
I worked for a company for two years. Last Friday when i contacted HRMC for my employment history and when i got it I was surprised that my previous employer did not pay my taxes. I have p6o for one year and for the second year i have just on payslip which shows my 7 months salaries. All the money has been paid online. But some time they paid it from different name. I asked about it from them why you are paying with different name they told me we are outsourcing payroll system.
So no what should i do.. Can anybody help me with this?
If I am contacting HRMC about it they will tell me to pay it. Though it’s not my mistake
If they chasing employer. Company is no more exist.
Anybody experienced such situation if yes please gives your opinion. Thanks in advance

mal-uk
Newly Registered

Post by mal-uk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:10 am

hi Nice32.

i got the same issue couple of years ago and when i spoke to HRMC they insist me to pay via tax code or lum sum bcoz my previous employer close the business and disappeared.

After getting suggestion by some lawyers, i deceide to pay in installment as the amount was huge in order to avoid any issue with home office at the time of ILR and now a days HO is varifying tax with HRMC.

Its up to you if you got settlement then fight it otherwise calm down and pay the amount to avoid any future hessle.