ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Merry xmas Teressa May

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Merry xmas Teressa May

Post by 357mag » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:42 am

I hope she spends lots of time with her family and gets to appreciate how important it is to have your loved ones near to you.

And can find time to spare a thought for those seperated because of the evil immigration restrictions her government are imposing on other families with similar aspirations to hers.

Christmas is of course a celebration of the birth of Christ who was placed on earth to end suffering and inhumanity.

But its Christmas so I only wish goodwill and peace on earth to all and may you all have a very good new year

Moderator edit: Offensive sentence deleted.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:53 pm

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:57 pm

I grew up in the fifties and can remember peoples hatred of the Germans in the aftermath of war. And yet I grew older and wiser and more tolerant, I even had a German girlfriend in the seventies.

A little bit of wisdom tells me we are all equal in this world and the barriers we raise are created by greed and ignorance.

British politicians today are pushing new restrictions spouting that its what the majority of the population want. Hmm, Adolf Hitler also forced his agenda on the grounds of its what the majority of the population want.

Just because something is the majority view it does not mean that its the right thing to do. My view is its bullying the defensless minority and discrimination.

I notice my first post in this thread was moderated, I'm not complaining just sorry that in this PC world a man cant say what he feels.
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Do not cry

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Do not cry man, be empathized from the news - 75,000 cap on EU migrants will not happen:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25484456

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:26 pm

I share your concerns OP.

It was not long ago that the Nazi embarked on a campaign of vilification of the Jews and physically disabled and mentally impaired. Look at were that got us to. I do hope we never get down that road again.. Not to mention Bosnia and the slaughter of thousands of muslims.

Today in Britain, there is vilification of immigrants and certain European citizens in an unacceptable fashion. Lets hope we dont have to go down the road we came from.

As much as we all fell strongly about the way things are going, we must ensure we conduct the debate in a courteous and dignified manner.

Unfortunately myself or my fellow moderators will not hesitate to edit post containing foul or offensive language.

Failure to do so, will be tantamount to derelection of out duties as moderators, and it will drive the forum into disrepute. It will not be in anyones interest to allow thus to happen.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Thank you Obie. I edited the post by removing one sentence which I considered extreme. I trust members will understand this was not done for 'PC reasons'.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Hey the mods dont have to excuse themselves on my behalf, its your site and can remove any content you dont like no prob. 8)

At one point I counted how many forums I was signed in on and it was 46, that was 8 years ago so I dont bother now. I can appreciate the need to keep conyrol over content. And I can appreciate the thankless task that mods do.

I've traced my family tree.
My step fathers roots go back to shephardi jews kicked out of Spain during the inquisition, my great grand ma was Irish and my fathers family I traced back to Vikings in Scotland. If everyone in the UK would look at their family trees perhaps they would be less critical of todays emigrants.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:25 pm

357mag wrote:Hey the mods dont have to excuse themselves on my behalf, its your site and can remove any content you dont like no prob. 8)

At one point I counted how many forums I was signed in on and it was 46, that was 8 years ago so I dont bother now. I can appreciate the need to keep conyrol over content. And I can appreciate the thankless task that mods do.

I've traced my family tree.
My step fathers roots go back to shephardi jews kicked out of Spain during the inquisition, my great grand ma was Irish and my fathers family I traced back to Vikings in Scotland. If everyone in the UK would look at their family trees perhaps they would be less critical of todays emigrants.

But i honestly agree UK need to have controlled immigration. We are here too many. When i first came to this country in 2004 i was shocked. We immigrant have sometimes more right and freedom then any other countries. Look at other EU countries

it's their country. they can control how they want.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Moderators are doing good job. What is your exact immigration related query. I have already reduce your worries and give you a good news link in previous post. Based on your post title if you want to say merry xmas to Theresea may then just buy a card and send it to UKBA address :lol: :lol:

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:24 am

Sorry. it says up the top this is a discussion board, it dont say its an immigration queries only board.

Tis the season to be jolly, a time to be of good cheer and wish all a good new year.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:29 am

The Moderating team reserves the right to edit and/or delete any post with or without the consent of the original poster, this is necessary to uphold the integrity of the site. If you have any concerns about the moderation of a post please PM a Moderator rather than discussing it on the thread.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Jellybean105 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:45 pm

I agree with your post OP. She needs to realise how her actions are hurting so many people. Imagine how many families are suffering, stressed and worried about their situation while shes enjoying with her family... dont think anyone would want to wish her genuinely, only out of sarcasm.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)