ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed: Please validate the checklist for hsmp approval

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp0804

Help Needed: Please validate the checklist for hsmp approval

Post by hsmp0804 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:30 pm

Hi ,

I am from Bangalore(India) and planning to submit my hsmp application in May end or June 2007.
Following are the documents I am planning to collect and finally submit. I am sending this post so that I do not miss anything before final preparation of application submission.
I have 4.5 years of experience in IT.

Academic Qualification:
Points seeking: 30

Documents going to submit:
B.Tech Degree certificate ( Original) (But it does not have phone number or contact number)
Going to get approval from NARIC for my degree(Confirms degree is comparable to British Bachelor degree standard ). Any idea how long does it take?
Not sure what’s the academic reference & transcript in India??? Can anybody tell me?

Previous Earning:

Points claiming: 45

Signed and stamped FORM 16 (April 06- March 07) (Going to get it from my two employers.First employer from April-06 to Sept 06 and second from Oct -06 to March 07)
Saral form (Once I file my tax I'll get it)
Signed and Stamped Pay slips from April 06- March 07

As I'll be submitting the application in May end of June 2007, I think its fine if I put earning period as (April 06- March 07) as its within 15 months.Any comments?

Driving license (original)
Copy of passport

English
Going to give IELTS exam(general one)

Please review these points and gimme inline comments if I need to add more evidences or anything above that will not work.

Thanks in advance.

MyHSMPApplication

Re: Help Needed: Please validate the checklist for hsmp appr

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Wed May 02, 2007 8:30 am

hsmp0804 wrote:Hi ,

I am from Bangalore(India) and planning to submit my hsmp application in May end or June 2007.
Following are the documents I am planning to collect and finally submit. I am sending this post so that I do not miss anything before final preparation of application submission.
I have 4.5 years of experience in IT.

Academic Qualification:
Points seeking: 30

B.Tech Degree certificate ( Original) (But it does not have phone number or contact number)
Going to get approval from NARIC for my degree(Confirms degree is comparable to British Bachelor degree standard ). Any idea how long does it take?
Not sure what’s the academic reference & transcript in India??? Can anybody tell me?
The transcript means your 4 year's mark sheets. I guess you might have got that. All you need to do is FAX it along with your final certificate. That should do the trick. The whole process i.e. getting the response from NARIC will take about 21-28 days. Also note that this is the time frame when applied from within UK.

Previous Earning:

Points claiming: 45

Signed and stamped FORM 16 (April 06- March 07) (Going to get it from my two employers.First employer from April-06 to Sept 06 and second from Oct -06 to March 07)
Saral form (Once I file my tax I'll get it)
Signed and Stamped Pay slips from April 06- March 07

As I'll be submitting the application in May end of June 2007, I think its fine if I put earning period as (April 06- March 07) as its within 15 months.Any comments?
This is fine. Just ensure that you submit your application well before the end of june. Just in case there is any delay in the courier.

Driving license (original)
Copy of passport
I guess just your dirving license will do the trick. The reason I say this is because we just need to provide with 1 evidence. Do ensure that your license has your DOB. My Indian License dosn't. This is the main reason why I had to apply for a UK License. If you are sending a copy of your passport do ensure that it is notarised. HO does not accept a non-notarised copy of your passport as your proof of DOB

English
Going to give IELTS exam(general one)

Please review these points and gimme inline comments if I need to add more evidences or anything above that will not work.

Thanks in advance.
[/b]

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri May 04, 2007 7:45 pm

Thanks dear...
I'll turn up if i need more info :-)

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Fri May 04, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi,
As u said, NARIC approval will take 25 days, I am thinking an alternative.
I checked with a friend of mine who also did his degree from the same college from where I did.He had checked with NARIC about the college and it was there in the database and he had got the approval from NARIC.

Now as I know, my college exists in NARIC database,Do i need to get the approval as evidence from NARIC?
Please suggest.

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Sat May 05, 2007 3:18 am

You don't need a NARIC letter.
Don't select 'Professional qualification' in hsmp form.
Select only the acadamic qualification then NARIC is not required.
Naric may take more than a month time.

Copy of passport not required.
Only DL is enough.

Instead of IELTS, if you can get a medium of instruction letter from your university as per the 'specification', it is fine.
I have posted the specification in this forum. Just find it out.

Take care about previous earnings.
This is where most of the rejections happen.
Submit your latest tax paper (saral)
If it is not covering the entire period claimed mention it in the exceptional consideration.
Make sure all documents you submit show the same salary.

All the best.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:26 am

Thanks Reshma,

For previous earning:

In sept 2006, I had changed my job.
As I am planning to apply the hsmp application in June 2007 mid, with
Start date of earning period claimed: April 2006
End date of earning period claimed: March 2007

I am thinking of following proofs

From 16 (April 2006-Sept 2006) from my previous company
From 16 (Sept 2006-March 2007) from my current company
Saral form (which i'll be applying in june 2007 start)
Signed and stamped payslips (From April 2006- March 2007)

Are these documents enough? Above documents cover proofs of 12 months.
Do I need to show tax proof and payslip for April2007 to June 2007?
Do I need to show any bank statement for April2007 to June 2007?
Do I need any letter from employer regarding my annual/monthly salary?

PLease guide if anything else is required.

Regards,

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Sat May 05, 2007 10:23 am

As I understand the more proof you give for your past earning the better it is.
Technically(according to guidance docs) if you are giving the ITR covering the period of claim and the Payslips signed and certified it should do. It will be better I guess if you can give the bank statements as they are easy to get. About the letter from the employer it is again to good to give but it may be a touch difficult to manage with your HR and all that.
So personally I think I will go ahead with the 1) ITR(Form 16 and Saral) for the period Apr 06 to Mar 07 2) payslips 3) bank statements. That is how I am planning to go about.
I think the more experienced members can comment on this.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Tue May 15, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi,
I have a question here. I am going to submit my application in mid June 2007 and claiming for past earning from April 2006-March 2007, I have managed to get all my payslips signed and stamped.
Can somebody tell me that what should be the content of the letter from employer regarding the past earning?

Should the letter say the total gross salary from April 2006-March 2007 is xxx
or
total gross salary from April 2006-June 2007 is xxx
or
it should talk about the monthly salary?
I guess monthly it cannt be monthly salary as the variable component gets changed every month..
Please suggest...

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:31 pm

hsmp0804 wrote:claiming for past earning from April 2006-March 2007, I have managed to get all my payslips signed and stamped.
Can somebody tell me that what should be the content of the letter from employer regarding the past earning?
The letter needs to cover the same period of months covered by the payslips, and the amount stated in the letter needs to corroborate the TOTAL amount that you were paid in the time period covered by the payslips.

Then the amount that you were paid (= the total of all the payslips, which will be the total sum stated in the letter) is the basis for your Income Band calculation, which determines the number of Past Earnings points that you receive.

Illustration:
Add up all your payslips that have been signed = amount 12345
Amount of money paid to you, as stated in the letter from your employer = amount 12345
Amount that you use to perform conversion to GBP to determine Income Band and thus HSMP points for past earnings = amount 12345

ALL MONEY AMOUNTS MUST MATCH or your application is at risk of rejection or denial of points claimed.

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Wed May 16, 2007 7:18 pm

I have one question here. If I get a salary certificate from HR, how is it possible that what I have earned in past 12 months matches with whats stated onthe sal certificate. There is a bonus component which is not paid in the current year but is given in next year.

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:34 pm

mayhsmp wrote:I have one question here. If I get a salary certificate from HR, how is it possible that what I have earned in past 12 months matches with whats stated onthe sal certificate. There is a bonus component which is not paid in the current year but is given in next year.
This should be easy. Here is my idea: tell HR that you need a certificate that quotes the SAME amount of money that you want to claim for your HSMP app. You can give your HR department a photocopy of your tax document and circle the amount that the HR certificate should say. This would make it very easy for them!

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Thu May 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Well not really sure if I can do this.. Salary certificate is a fixed format certificate which the company gives... I dont think so that they will be ready to make changes in what they give as salary for the year....Even though just for document sake....

Or am I missing a point here. Do you submit letter from employer what you earned in last year or just the salary certificate whcih is what your CTC might be..? I doubt my employer would be ready to give this custom made certificate stating only about my earnings!!!!

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:26 am

Hi,
Thanks for answering my questions.

As mentioned, I am planning to claim period of past earning from april 06 to march 07 and have collected some of the documents.

But I have some doubts

1)I have got my payslips signed and stamped from employer and have got the letter also saying my today gross salary payout was xxx during xxx period. and the same gross salary is in my form 16. But by SARAL form will not have my gross salary same as mentioned in form 16 as SARAL form will have only NET TAXABLE INCOME after allowances deductions (LTA,Mediclaim etc.) and not gross salary. So numbers in form 16,letter from employer wont match with SARAL form. Though my NET taxable income is more than 5,000GBP. Please suggest how to tackle this problem.

2)As I have to submit my original form 16 for my ITR,How can I give it for hsmp appliation? Do I need to get a duplicate form 16 from my employer or I need to get form 16 copy signed and stamped?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

santosh_mtv
Newly Registered

Urgent Help required - Documentation

Post by santosh_mtv » Mon May 28, 2007 7:55 pm

Hi All,,

I am getting Age = 20, Earnings = 45 and Education = 35 Total = 100 Points

Query on Earnings.

My Earning Proofs and details as under
1) I am attaching, Salary Slips (June06-May07) and Bank Statement
for (June06-May07) Both Duly Stamped and SIGNED
AND
IT Return for (April 06-March 07) in Form ITR-1.

*** Whether this evidence is ENOUGH or i need EMPLOYER Letter
confirming salary as this is IMPOSSIBLE to get from Top
INVESTMENT Banks****

2) Considering My Salary and Bonus (Salary changed in August 06
(effective July 06)are changed in December 06.)
***Whether any additional evidences to be provided for change in
salary like Salary Incremental Letter?***

3) Pay Slips to be submitted for 12 Months or 15 Months...

Thanks for your help in Advance..
Please give elaborate answers.. Cheers