ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after EEA 4?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chursy

What happens after EEA 4?

Post by chursy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi

My wife has a resident card valid for 5 years. Once she recieved EEA 4 what happens next?

a) When can she apply for the british passport?

b) Little confused as the passport website states the following

Can I be naturalised as a British citizen?
If you are over 18 and have been living in the United Kingdom for the last five years (or three years if you are married to or a civil partner of a British citizen) you may be able to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen. You may also be able to apply for naturalisation if you or your husband, wife or civil partner is in crown or designated service outside the United Kingdom. Applications for naturalisation are made using application form AN.

I am a British National and my wife came to UK through the FP surinder singh rule.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: What happens after EEA 4?

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:26 pm

UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

chursy

Post by chursy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:55 am

Based on this" After 5 years of residence, an application for Confirmation of PR status using form EEA4 can be applied for. Again, the same evidence from the other member state is required. Once a PR status has been obtained (after 5 years of residence), the non-EEA national can apply for British citizenship as a spouse of BC."

Does my wife need to apply for pr after 5 years given that I am a BBC or can she directly apply for naturalisation after 5 years of stay in uk ?

I read a post which mentioned that no need to apply for a pr eea4 just apply naturalisation directly.

Appreciate the clarification

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:54 am

The FAQ make use of the word can apply and once PR status and not PR card.

In her case, I would just skip EEA4 and apply directly.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)