ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few questions re NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anzd

A few questions re NCS

Post by anzd » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:38 pm

I have a few questions regarding using the National Checking Service.

1. How far in advance can you book an appointment? I am eligible to apply for citizenship from 14 January, may I book now?

2. Is there a payment form you have to fill in for the NCS? Or just pay with a debit card in the office when you arrive for the appointment (I see the fee is £65).

Thanks

davenice
Newly Registered

Post by davenice » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:14 pm

1. I was able to book a NCS appointment more than 3 month in advance. i.e. booked in July 2013 for a late October appointment.
2. Debit card payment for £50 was taken over the telephone when I booked the appointment.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:33 pm

NCS operation varies by Council. Many councils allow you to book online, some will book over the phone as well. Similarly there is a great variation in payment methods. Best to check wih your localand other pdreferred council Registry or NCS offices. Also, you do not have to go to your own local council for NCS service.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Fees vary as well, so if you have a few NCS services within reach (e.g. if you live in London) you can pick on price.