ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2(Sponsorship) to Tier 2(Dependant)?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samsam24
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2(Sponsorship) to Tier 2(Dependant)?

Post by samsam24 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:02 am

Hi All,

I am currently on Tier 2(sponsorship) for the last 9 months and so is my husband through his company, since we work in different companies.
WE got married 3 months ago and hence I now have the option of switching to Tier 2 (Dependant).

What I want to know is the cons of switching. The reason I want to switch is to so I have more oppurtunity is my career. I have not got a promotion or salary raise in the exisitng company as it is making a loss. I have got a few job offers from other companies which not only offer better salary but also better position. The only draw back has been they are unable to provide a visa for me.

Understanding ym situation, I would like to know your opinion of what could be done.

Many Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:22 pm

the con will be that ur clock will reset.
u have mentioned u have been on tier 2 for 9 months.. how long has ur husband been on tier 2 himself..
if u think ur husband job is stable, then i would personally advise u should switch considering u have more offers..
however, if u switch and ur husband losses job, u will be in trouble as well..